Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing after a front

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing after a front

For the most part I only get to fish on weekends. And it seems like every weekend for the past month has been rained out. Yesterday we got more thunderstorms and torrential rain, today the wind was gusting to 30 MPH, but tomorrow looks like it will be the first day in a month that I'll be able to hit the water. Hopefully the spawn isn't over.

I expect a tough bite with tomorrow being the second day after a huge front came through. How would you approach that type of situation?

Eagle 1 is online now Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

unless there are 40 boats shallow I would start in deep brush . 15-20 ft. and work to shallow .JMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had some of the same problems that you are having here in Mississippi this year. If you are using artificial bait I went with 1/16 black/chartreuse jigs and black/chartreuse road runners. I had to fish a little deeper water as that is where they had moved after the rain. As the water cleared up a few days later they bite orange/chartreuse better then than the black/chartreuse. The most important thing to start with is to find where they are and then you can see what and how they want to feed on. Start shallow and just go from there out deeper.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks y'all. I feel a little better about my plan now. I've only caught about 6 crappie this year...with a little luck I can double that tomorrow!