Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sinking Christmas Trees?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinking Christmas Trees?????

How do you sink your trees? Standing up? Laying Down? What do you use for weight. How many in a location? How far apart? I'm just trying to get ideas to improve how I do this. I use concrete blocks now and stand them upright. I have 13 trees in the yard but will try to get about 25 total.

Post Thanks / Like

I work for the environmental group of a large utility. We put several hundred trees per year into some of our lakes.
    The way we do is to tie 4 or 5 trees together at the trunk and tie a styrofoam block in the top of the largest tree of the group. This group of trees is anchored by three 12 inch concrete blocks.

Post Thanks / Like

I hang all of my Christmas trees from bluff faces in deeper water and off of docks. I use a 6' leader of heavy electric fence wire and tie to the dock or a concrete nail that I have driven into the bluff and then a piece of rope to the other end of the wire and tie that to the tree and weight the other end of the tree. By using the wire your brush pile will not be detected by most fisherman thus not being overfished! I have much more sucsess doing this than just sinking them. Christmas trees don't last long, maybe 2 years. You can replace them by doing this.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper