Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Majic Tilt trailer

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Majic Tilt trailer

Has anybody been having the problem of the inside of the tires wearing out? I bought a new aluminum unit for my 19', and had to replace my tires twice in the past 18 months. My dealer tried to solve the problem by have a new style axle installed. Still having the problem. Any ideas?

This makes the 5th Majic Tilt trailer I have had in my 60 years of fishing.

Thanks

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

My Trailor wears the outside of my tire. Had the Trailor checked for square and no issues there. Must have to be weight distribution. My old boat and Trailor was same way wear on outside tire.

Post Thanks / Like

Trailer axles are built with an arc. When a load is put on them, the arc straightens out somewhat, and the axles are built with more or less arc to accept heavier/lighter loads. So the dealer should be putting on an axle that is matched to the weight of your boat. Then with the boat on the trailer, the dealer may set a camber to do a "fine adjustment" to your wheels. The other alternative to this issue might be that you are getting the wrong tires. Good Luck!
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post