Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cost of Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Red face The Cost of Fishing

Just wondering,
    How much does it cost for you to go fishin? I just bought my 2007 California fishin license $43.10 that is with one extra stamp :o Then I paid $105.00 to the county for a year vehicle pass for truck to enter the lakes I fish, or pay $6.00 a day to get in. That is for the county where I live only... You got it, if I fish out side my county I have to pay a day use fee. There are some lake in Cali that are still free to fish.

So How much are fishin license in your state?
    Do you have to pay a fee to get into the lakes you fish?

Gonefission
    Bill

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I fish free cause I am under 16 :D Its $13 for a fishing license in Illinois plus the cost of inland trout stamp or Lake Michigan salmon stamp. It doesnt cost anything to get in to fish. Only time there is a charge is at a boat launch.
    Last edited by crappiekid24; 01-02-2007 at 10:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

$19 for res NY licence. There are some stamps, but I don't need them. This is one area where Cali is way worse than anyplace else. I don't know how you guys tolerate the level of regulation and fees there. I've looked into it for travel there and its just nuts.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Res Georgia is 9.00, no daily fee unless you use some ramps on some of the big lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrwest
    Just wondering,
    How much does it cost for you to go fishin? I just bought my 2007 California fishin license $43.10 that is with one extra stamp :o Then I paid $105.00 to the county for a year vehicle pass for truck to enter the lakes I fish, or pay $6.00 a day to get in. That is for the county where I live only... You got it, if I fish out side my county I have to pay a day use fee. There are some lake in Cali that are still free to fish.

So How much are fishin license in your state?
    Do you have to pay a fee to get into the lakes you fish?
    All that money goes for them to pump them bass full of trout all year, just like shooting em steriods!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's $20 here i believe now,ours goes from march 06 to march 07..so i still have about 2 more months before i need to renew.

and depends where i enter there's a park fee...usally lake erie has the park fees.

everywhere else is free as far as i know.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

9 bucks in bama for permit. County lakes cost a few bucks but we have plenty of big resevoirs with power company ramps for free. I am lucky to live where I live. I never knew or thought about how far some of you have to travel to fish.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Oregon's license fees:
    Resident fishing (over 14): $24.75
    Combo Angle/Hunt: $43.75
    Juvenile angling: (14-17yo) $6.75
    Senior Combo: (70+) $21.50
    Senior Angling: $12.00
    Disabled Vet: Free
    Resident Pioneer Combo: Free (65 years old, 50 of those in Oregon)
    Non-Resident Angling: $61.50, or daily permits for less.
    No license required for crawdads or bullfrogs.

Very few lakes have ramp fees, but many are charging day-use fees to park truck & trailer.
    Last edited by Glowgood Jigster; 01-03-2007 at 07:15 PM.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the Peoples Republic of California for you. I was stationed at Fort Ord in 90 and I remeber it being expensive way back then as well. I have a KY liscenses which cost $28.00 for a husband/wife liscences plus a trout stamp, and a Fort Knox permit which was $10.00 I believe. My Tenn Liscences was a bit cheaper except my 14 year old son had to buy a liscences to fish. It was half the price of an adult liscences and he does not need a trout stamp. My Alabama Liscences is the cheapest I have ever had at $9.00 since I'm military.

Oh and my Iraqi fishing liscences only cost me a year, but there are some BIG fish over their. Real fish at that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NC licence fee for 65+

North Carolina
    65+ license includes Big Game hunting, Trout fishing, inland fishing $15.00 Lifetime.
    Coastal fishing licence 65+ $15.00 lifetime.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast