Weiss Lake Alabama Fishing Report with Fishing Guide and Professional Angler Lee Pitts

For week of April 20, 2015

Weiss Lake is at 563 ft. 7 inches today which is 3 inches below full pool of 364 ft. With all the rain the water is stained and water temperature ranges between 65 to 68 degrees depending on how much rain has fallen.

Rain, Rain, Rain, and wind too. Spring has been really wet this year but it hasn’t stopped us from catching some really big limits and big slabs too! I’ve had some great clients who braved the weather and stuck it out and it really paid off. They have some delicious Crappie to throw into the peanut oil! Here’s what we have been doing to put them in the boat.

Despite the weather the first wave of Crappie have spawned, but the second wave is staging to get back in those creeks and pockets to take care of business. We have had the most success in 3 to 7 feet of water around shallow stumps and ditches in the main part of creeks around the lake. There are also some big slabs to be caught shooting under docks when the sun gets high. We have mainly been long line trolling and with the stained water the baits we are using are the Bobby Garland Slab Slay’R in Bubble Gum Chartreuse and Cajun Cricket. Using the Bobby Garland Mo Glo head, 1/24th oz. in either orange or pink.

Give me a call or go to the “Book a trip” page on my web site to schedule your trip. I am booking for Blue Gill, Bass, and Stripe trips right now so contact me and let’s get your trip scheduled, it will be a blast! Be safe out there and I will see y’all on the water!

Lee
256-390-4145
www.weisslakecrappieguidealabama.com

For information on Alabama Power Generating schedule go to:
https://apcshorelines.com