Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New techonolgy

Post Thanks / Like

Default New techonolgy

I have been away from the rivers and lakes for nearly 25 years now. I hope you guys can help me with some new products. I have the boat motor and trailer. I just don't know about the rest of the equipment like depth/imagining devices, foot controlled trolling motors,& thrust. Any info as to what is will get me the most bang for my buck. I have a 1650 Xpress boat with a 50 Yamaha.
    Thank you,

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Middle Tennessee. Things kind of depend on your wallet. Some of our site sponsors give the best deals I've heard of and have the smarts to put together a package to do the job right. I will say that if you plan on trolling much a power drive trolling motor works very well for me. The Minn Kota Terrova with I-Pilot is about as good as it gets. The Humminbird units are good but the Lowrance also has a strong following. Have fun learning it all and rigging your ride. There's lots from here.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

What to get depends on your budget.
    Sonar units range in price from $100-$3,000 plus attachments. The base units are great, however the higher end units can do some amazing things.
    Trolling motors also have a wide range of price- $100-$2,000 or so. Base units are okay, however the higher end units can link to your sonar unit and follow a path you choose, or hold a spot.

I think if we narrowed the price range or had a list of features your looking for we could give more direction.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from North Alabama. The new technology is great. I can remember the old depth finders and the new stuff is amazing. I have a small down imaging lowrance on the bow and can find crappie with it and most of the time put some in the boat. Next up is side imaging for me. You can cover more water in search of where they are hiding.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

You do have to watch what brands you buy for some things as all brands of sonar units and mapping cards are not compatible and may not be so with all the features from some trolling motors as well. Give us some idea of what you are looking for trolling motor wise and sonar wise and I'm sure that many will give you their opinion.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can
    Likes yikess LIKED above post