Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Storing Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Storing Jigs

Ok guys I know being new and making tons of baits how do you keep them good do you just put them in a ziplock bag and put worm oil in there if so how long does it last when you do that but
    my key question how do you keep your jigs fresh an how long do they stay good!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I store mine in packs of five or ten and use three drops anise and five drops of worm oil per package. I only keep mine on the shelf life if about eight months. I am sure they last longer, but for me personally, that is when I remelt them and reuse the soft plastic again. Always put a few drops of heat stabilizer in your lures when you make them. It helps to prevent them from burning.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 04-17-2015 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

yea when melting I use about 25 drops of heat stabilizer in each 4oz mix that I make!
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure do-it plasital comes with heat stabilizer in it already. I only use heat stabilizer every 4 reheats or so but never in the initial heat. When I do it's only like 5-6 drops. Never had any problems with browning. Every now and then when I'm in the twilight zone, usually kid related, and my plastic gets to 360 or higher I add 5-6 drops.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post