Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: nanofil

Post Thanks / Like

Default nanofil

i know there was a thread on this a while back but i can't seem to find it. has anybody used it and does it perform as advertised by no forming line twist on a spinning rod. i was looking at it last night at academy and it seems like plain braided line to me.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We've discussed Nanofil often : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/searc...archid=9419823

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I was the cause of one thread... Lol I bought it and personally preferred mono... I still have it on a pole I don't use but I've been using trout sos 2lb... And I bought the nanofil 4lb FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murdok View Post
    i know there was a thread on this a while back but i can't seem to find it. has anybody used it and does it perform as advertised by no forming line twist on a spinning rod. i was looking at it last night at academy and it seems like plain braided line to me.
    Good Murin! I like this stuff, been using it for awhile. Why do I like it? It gives me more distance in fact a lot of distance and as I fish clear water casting distance equates to more fish.

There are many discussions and opinions about line twist and which line will not twist. Hey we are dealing with spinning reels and they all twist line. However you can prevent that by simply never using the reel to close the bail. Always close the bail by hand and you will not have line twist. No line by itself prevents line twist for line twist is designed into spinning reels. Now in regards to Nanofil and if you do get that mess of line jumping off the spool through the first guide......oh my........time to cry!!! Along with the fine diameter and great casting distance comes the price, this stuff will tangle and knot in a new york millisecond. Sometimes you can get it untangled, most of the time it is time to cut out the mess, blood knot your line together and then replace the line later. I generally fill the spool with mono(you do have to use a backing anyway as this stuff will slip around the spool) and then just put 50 yards of the line on the reel spool. Close the bail by hand and the line will last the entire year, it is good stuff, but if you get the tangle mess, unlike mono it is a real mess.

I love the stuff, I keep two rods rigged while fishing, one casts an 1/8 ounce rooster tail or mepps inline spinner and with Nanofil and a bit of helping breeze, it is amazing how far you can cast and more amazing how fish do hit this little spinner with this extra distance. I catch more bass with this little spinner than I ever did with a fancy boat and 29 rods and a 5000 dollar tackle box. Lol! The other rod is rigged with a jig at all times and I shoot docks for crappie with that one. No boat dock is safe, as with a bit of practice you can sail that jig 40 to 50 feet under the dock and out the other side. Just beware of those cross braces, they bite your jig much faster than the fish. .....................Hey spinning reels twist line, so just learn to close the bail by hand, it will stop that line twist frustration.......with any line.

Kit
    Likes fiveeyes LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like it also. I have been using it for the last few years. I have been using a fluorocarbon leader this year. I think it has been working pretty well.