Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bite on Truman?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bite on Truman?

Thinking about headed to Truman tomorrow on the upper grand, anyone know how the bite is, any fish on the banks?

Post Thanks / Like

They will be on the bank and off the bank, they might be deep and they might be shallow. It is all about getting there and doing a little of everything until you dial em in. I've caught some very large females my last two trips rigging minnows in less than 4fow. I've also caught some males throwing small jigs with spinners off steep banks getting hits as deep as 10'.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I went up the Grand around 3pm today at it was slowwwwww for me, caught a few 4ft down in 12 fow of water. I heard the bite is great on the Tebo Arm, that's what a buddy of mine told me at the ramp anyway and there were also several cars parked along the bridge when I came home. Should of went there!

Post Thanks / Like

I am also coming down next day or so no matter how fishing is but sure haven't seen many reports.
    hope to see some , good or bad!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone in the store said it really slowed down today. Still fish being caught rigging with jigs and minnows. Still a few shallow fish to be caught also.

Post Thanks / Like

I managed a limit Tuesday afternoon, but took most of afternoon to get 'em. Jigs and minnows caught most, with some on jigs tipped with nibbles.

Today was whole different story. Rained most of the morning and in to pm. Cleared a bit mid afternoon and only managed 5 in 5 hrs.
    Only got bit in 16 to 18 FOW......10 ft down.

A few boats I talked to today said they had not even got one bite. I saw only one boat catch a few on the bank. Water is still rising some.

Tomorrow.............

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies.

Post Thanks / Like

I am leaving early Friday morning and I will be there all weekend. If you see a blue Astro named Scutter'bug, say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

You'll have to do a show and tell report this evening Dlog, it's getting real close to camp now.
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday