Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your tackle box?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your tackle box?

How do you store crappie gear? How do you store jigs? I bass fish and have a large tackle box full and still not enough room. I need a tackle box the size of a small refrigerator. As soon as I get another boat, it will be better; I can store a lot on there!

Post Thanks / Like

I just started crappie fishng last year so I dont have too much yet. Ive got a rather large tackle bag for my stuff, the crappie gear only takes up three plano boxes so far. The rest is bass gear, walleye gear, etc. One for jig heads, one for misc terminal tackle, and one for plastic bodies. Im sure ill expand way past that at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Hand tied jigs, well over half the colors Bobby Garland makes, Charlie Brewer Sliders, some Strike King plastics. Enough floats to supply a small village. Crappie nibbles, a pile of bobber stops, Arkie Stealth bouys x4, isn't that enough. Its takes up two full compartments on the Stratos.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes bowhunter63 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livemusic View Post
    I need a tackle box the size of a small refrigerator.
    ... ain't it the truth !! Actually, if I wanted to take ALL my tackle at one time, I'd need a barge to pull behind the boat just to carry it all.

Bass tackle boxes ... 2 Plano boxes with lids & drawers and 1 Plano 1152 Magnum double sided & 1 Plano 1126 double sided ... and a 3gal tote with "odds & ends".

Crappie tackle boxes ... 2 Plano 1152 Magnum double sided, 3 plastic boxes (2 w/compartments and one deep box w/o compartments) plus several smaller boxes ... and then there's the 5gal tote that is about 1/2 full of "odds & ends".

I store my jigs & my plastics in their original packages as often as possible ... re-bag them in appropriate sized zip lock bags when the original package will no longer contain them ... or place them in the compartments of whichever box that has similar baits.

... cp
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429060846.184416.jpg
Views: 2099
Size:  126.7 KB
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Likes scrat, RWiske, willietex75766, Tom 513 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I only crappie fish, one rod box on my 19ft tracker is full of nothing but crappie baits and i have more in the man cave.
    Arkie lures prostaff
    Spyder Loc rod holders
    Slab Shaker rods
    Proud member Team Watch the Finger

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be safe to say that ever member here on Crappie.com has habitual crappie bait buying additions and it is like the old Lays potatoe chip commercial where they say"I bet you can't eat just one". Well "I bet you can't buy just one crappie bait either". Crappie bait junkies
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Tony the Tiger, Erin Brewer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have one 4 drawer tackle box for most of my Crappie gear.
    Top drawer is slip knots, and some jigs (rarely used).
    Second drawer is slip bobbers of sizes.
    Third drawer is #4 and #6 Aberden hooks, and a few more jigs (that also rarely get used)
    bottom drawer is full of lead weights of varying size.
    Top of the box holds scissors, pliers, spools of line, bug dope, files, and some other sundry stuff.

That's it. When I rig up a rod I start at the top drawer and work my way to the bottom drawer. If I break off, start at the respective drawer and work my way down.
    Minnows bucket is next to the tackle box, bait the hook and fish.

On days when I get bored I tie on a jig and tight line or cast and retrieve.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have everything in plano 3500, 3600 and 3700 series boxes...the boxes get tossed into the storage in my boat or an old plano tackle bag when fishing from shore

Post Thanks / Like

I use am Ugly Stik tackle bag with 4 3600 boxes to hold all my crappie jigs and rigs. I have a Browning tackle bag with 6 3700 boxes for my bass fishing and I have a Home Depot bucket fro my catfish jugs and tackle. That's how I roll! I take what I think i will be fishing for. Much easier to separate the lures and rigs this way. I usually target only one specific fish when I go out so I take what I want and nothing else.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast