Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table Rock Report - 10th/11th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock Report - 10th/11th

Took a trip down to Shell Knob with my wife and best friend. Fished hard Friday and Saturday. Fish were scattered all over the place. We threw bobber/minnows at the bank and caught 1 here or there. Caught some fish on a split shot with minnow throwing the bank and drifting out over 10-15 ft of water. Caught some on trees in 35 ft of water, just no pattern at all. You would fish 1 tree and get 1 bite, the next 5.. nothing. Who knows? Bluegill are up on the banks now and were stealing our minnows pretty regularly but we caught some absolute monster gills which we gladly threw in the box. Threw jigs to try to keep the gills from biting, only caught 1 crappie on the jigs.

Day 1 we caught 18 keepers with only 2 or 3 shorts + a monster 25 inch walleye. Caught some huge female slabs. My best friend caught the eye and we were WAY up the Kings when it bit but I had to get a pic with it too Water temp up there was as high as 67.5 degrees and even in that cove the fish were still not on the bank! We caught females out of that cove with eggs not even ready to drop yet. Walleye was a female, spawned out. Weighed her at 5 lbs, who knows how heavy she was with eggs! Lots of bass with one nice 18 inch LM. Most coves 63-64.

Day 2 - few more fish on the banks today, only caught 14 keeps, maybe 4-5 shorts. Had 2 locations where we pulled 2 fish from the same spot on the bank but other than that it was 1 here 1 there. Lots of bass, lots of big gills. Didn't catch as many big females today, but still had a few nice ones.

I wonder if half of the fish have already spawned out? With water temps as warm as I am seeing them I was shocked that fish were not all over the banks. What do you guys think?

Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Thumbnails

Likes Joedog, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent post and great pictures of some dandy fish! Congrats!

I'm far from being an expert, but if the females' eggs didn't even look close, and the fish aren't up on the banks, maybe they haven't started yet?! Not in earnest, anyway?

Thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another good report and pictures. Nice eye and those are some nice slab crappie.