Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ogeechee Last Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ogeechee Last Friday

I took my buddy Charlie Disher to the Ogeechee River last Friday. Charlie had never been to the Ogeechee and had never caught a Redbreast. He really liked both.

The river was a bit high but we did have sucess with Dan Sidle's Taser Bugs with cricket on the hook. You had to throw up next to wood and use a slow retrieve. Most purty fish. The bug also caught blackfish and bass.

Now this rain has all our rivers on the rise but I shall monitor and hit the first to fall back within the banks.
    Name:  IMG_20150410_094221987.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  48.7 KBName:  IMG_20150410_122547396.jpg
Views: 1481
Size:  53.8 KBName:  IMG_20150410_130145384.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  50.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing prettier than a mess of redbreast. They pull good too. Glad y'all had a good trip.Andy- 1Cove

Post Thanks / Like

And eat the best of all bream as well.
    Likes Danbo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Danbo,
    I've always wanted to fish that place. Is this a trip you could be successful at without a lot of knowledge of this particular river. Where is a good place to launch?

Post Thanks / Like

Georgia River Fishing Information | Georgia DNR - Wildlife Resources Division

Be aware, there is a 9.9 HP limit on this river above hwy 119.

The guide link list all the boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the part of the Ogeechee that had the huge fish kill a few years ago due to toxic waste from a plant? Im just wondering if it has recovered?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where you're fishing, but the spill originated just above hwy 301. I fish out of Morgan's Bridge on 204 and some of the landings out of Stewart with pretty good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker Jack View Post
    Is this the part of the Ogeechee that had the huge fish kill a few years ago due to toxic waste from a plant? Im just wondering if it has recovered?
    We had very good luck last year and I think it has recovered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danbo View Post
    Georgia River Fishing Information | Georgia DNR - Wildlife Resources Division

Be aware, there is a 9.9 HP limit on this river above hwy 119.

The guide link list all the boat ramps
    That's the kind of local info I was talking about. Thanks, I did not know that about motor restrictions. Reckon I'd have to stay below 119 as my river boat has a 30hp.. How far is it from there to the coast? This is a trip that is definitely on my bucket list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nixon View Post
    That's the kind of local info I was talking about. Thanks, I did not know that about motor restrictions. Reckon I'd have to stay below 119 as my river boat has a 30hp.. How far is it from there to the coast? This is a trip that is definitely on my bucket list.
    You can put boats with more than 9.9 HP but the prop must be out of the water. You will only be able to use the trolling motor. I do this often. I will troll upstream and then turn downstream to fish the other bank. Fishing is best from Millen to Statesboro. Early in the year I fish from the US1 bridge down to Midville.
    Likes nixon LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast