Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you favor crappie fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why do you favor crappie fishing?

I primarily fish for bass but also make a fair number of crappie fishing trips. If you "are" a crappie fisherman, why? What is it that makes you call yourself a crappie fisherman instead of a bass fisherman?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livemusic View Post
    What is it that makes you call yourself a crappie fisherman instead of a bass fisherman?
    Simple....I fish for Crappie, not Bass.

Seriously though, I used to call myself a Bass fisherman. Spent many years chasing them with great success. One day, my buddy says, "They been tearing up the slabs down at Lake Conway." So we went down there to get in on the action.....and got SKUNKED!! We spent many days on the lake after that trying to figure them out, and eventually we did. Havent been Bass fishing in quite a few years.
    Last edited by Cmj; 04-13-2015 at 09:53 PM.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What C J said and I like to catch a lot. I love to feel the thump,watch the rod tip go to the water,see the float go under and last but not least unlike most bass fishermen[and I qualify that at most] I love to eat what I catch.
    Last edited by Boa3; 04-13-2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: needed to correct two sentences
    Likes Dollfly, RWiske, Hat55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I call myself a fisherman in general. Sometimes I will be out for crappie but I always carry a bass and cat rod in the boat too. I really don't consider myself to be just one type of fisherman although i do prefer the crappie bite more than the bass hunt.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes Bullgill LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I do it because it was what I was brought up on. I lived with my Grandparents from 5th grade to post military service ... and Crappie & White Bass fishing was what they did, with the occasional Bluegill & Bass fishing thrown in. I've carried my love for Crappie fishing along through my years as a Bass Fisherman, and still to this day will fish for species other than Crappie ... but, usually only when the Crappie fishing is slow. So, technically I'm a multi-species angler ... but, my Crappie fishing hours far exceed the time spent fishing for all other fish, which makes them my #1 priority over the last 55yrs.

The love of Crappie fishing was passed down from my Grandparents to my Mom & myself, and my Mom & late Step-father were adamant Crappie anglers. I continue the tradition, and share the catch with my Mom & my Sister & her husband ... as well as those friends of mine that share the boat with me.

As far as the table fare aspect of Crappie fishing ... I just prefer the taste of them over the other species available to me.

... cp
    Likes pescador, Dollfly, RWiske LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

taste !

Post Thanks / Like

I am very species specific when it comes to crappie like pappy said my grandparents got me started as a young-un and i simply have never outgrown the feel of the thump and the non stop action that only crappie fishin can at times give me.....
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bad rotator cuffs
    Likes Crestliner08, theygotaeat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I consider myself an all around fisherman. I've fished for just about every fresh water species there is. My top 3 right now are crappie, smallmouth bass & lake trout. But that shifts in priority and species, depending on what our mood happens to be.

I dearly love crappie fishing, mainly because it deals with UL equipment and the action is pretty constant. Rarely do we get skunked on any species, but I find crappie fishing to be the most challenging right now.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I eat Crappie and Walleye, Crappie are my favorite! I Sport fish (C&R) for Bass, Striper, etc!
    So I am what I mainly eat! lol
    Keitech USA Pro Staff
    Likes RWiske LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast