Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fillet knives

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fillet knives

I love keeping what I catch but I live 3 miles from lake so I am wondering what's the best electric fillet knife to take along?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to go a different route but only because of the size fish I catch

Name:  husky.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  7.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Rapala makes a decent 12 VDC (lighter plug) fillet knife that comes with an adapter so you can use it with 120 VAC. If looking for a regular fillet knife I would suggest rapala again there used to be a company that made a reddish handled fillet knife that I believe was Fin-nor it was a Swedish made knife they were really good but I think rapala bought them out as their designs both the wooden handled knife and the reddish colored handle with that shape carry the rapala logo now. Have not used one but have heard good things about the bubba blade knifes but their too expensive for my taste.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of my fishing friends and I each purchased the Rapala Lithium Ion cordless fillet knife a couple of years ago and they still seem to be doing quite well. You can go through about 50 or so crappie without any problems. We don't do a whole lot of fishing so I don't know how well they would hold up under heave pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Rapala (corded) electric and have been happy with it. Also have used Mister Twister and it did the job as well. Have yet to try the battery operated.
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Rapala 12V with the 120V conversion never use it it's weak on power and goes through fish slow. I also have a mister twister the yellow and green ones are pretty tough to beat for the price. I used the Berkley thin blades in it after the original blades got dull like the thin blades better but they don't last more than a year. I just recently used a buddies American Angler with shark blades now that's the real deal. I went out and bought one myself and it is far superior to the other 2 knives. Hopefully be the last knife I own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie_hunter15 View Post
    I have a Rapala 12V with the 120V conversion never use it it's weak on power and goes through fish slow. I also have a mister twister the yellow and green ones are pretty tough to beat for the price. I used the Berkley thin blades in it after the original blades got dull like the thin blades better but they don't last more than a year. I just recently used a buddies American Angler with shark blades now that's the real deal. I went out and bought one myself and it is far superior to the other 2 knives. Hopefully be the last knife I own.
    I've tried a lot of the and the AA with shark blades wins by a landslide. I carry a 12v converter to have 110v in the field. Anybody that tries one,,,, buys one. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER
    Likes John Wells, fishlessDan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

American angler with the shark blades I the best by far. You get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

I use American Angler with Mister Twister blades and love it. Fact of the matter blade wise.... i you clean alot of fish you'll have to buy new blades. But the MT an Shark blades seem to stay sharp longer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an American Angler. After reading all the kudos on here about them I found a used one on Ebay for $35. It has been a workhorse. Last year and again this year I made a trip to Florida to deplete the Oscar population and it went through hundreds of fish without a hitch.
    They are not cheap, but you may luck up like I did and get one off EBay. Lady I bought it from said she got it for her husband and he did not like it. Used it twice and sold it. God bless him.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast