Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton over the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton over the weekend.

Fished the big sac around cc ramp and did very well on Friday night and Sunday morning. Fish were in typical spawn pattern with most fish caught in less than 6ft of water. We were casting road runner heads with hot grub body. Darker colors(black, dark blue, dark red) with chart tail worked best. Water has a lot of color and was 58-60 degrees.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

That sound like a good time. did you remember to check out my ole mushroom spot? they ought to be up now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, how crowded is the boat ramps?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report congrats on the catching.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the other end of the lake and the ramps was crazy,but the fish are biting

Post Thanks / Like

Friday evening I launched at another spot and ran up to the CC area as I didn't want get caught in a mess at the ramp toward dark. When I go there of a morning I try to launch by 6:30. The ramp at CC is terrible in the spring. It was never meant to be a high traffic area. LOL. It wouldn't be bad if it was being fished by people that fish a lot or at least understand the code. Problem is that spring brings out a lot of people that are clueless about ramp and parking etiquette. When I go there I just have to prepare to be patient and amazed by the crazy stuff I see people do. Couple weeks ago a couple guys unloaded canoes and pulled them up onto the edge of the ramp. Then they parked and started going back and forth getting all the gear they needed to carry down. A guy had to walk down and ask them to pull the canoes off to the side so he could launch.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I figured it looked like the circus was in town.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it when someone's boat won't start and they start working on it right there on the ramp. Especially a big pontoon with about 4 or 5 kids running around, Mom is hollering at all of them, and Dad's just cranking away with the cowling off saying I don't know what's wrong with it. It started 2 years ago when we were here.

Post Thanks / Like

A few weeks ago I was fishing on pomme and when I dropped off my partner to load he was blocked in so bad we had to take the trailer off my truck and wiggle it out and then hook up and load from there.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I no longer launch at CC bridge, too crowded, poor parking. Last time there I came back and found the left fender on my trailer bent in against the tire.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast