Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird Transducers; for a 958c DI and a 998cSI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Transducers; for a 958c DI and a 998cSI

Been off of the lake for a few weeks. Transducer problems, the rubber insulation on top of the trolling motor transducer and the transom mount transducer had the rubber insulation becoming separated from their tops. Water was going down inside of the transducers and the 958c had a mind of its own when you hit the view button and the 998c wasn't able to get the water temperature. I ordered two new ones and had them installed and am back on the lake. This time, I took some silicone water proof glue and ran a thick bead around the insulation wire that goes to the top of the transducers, hopefully this will make them last a little longer, they were new in 2012, first time I have experienced this type of rubber rot. The units run better than new now, they look different than what the original ones did, maybe an upgrade. Went to Smithville yesterday, it was a ZOO, everybody was and about. Very windy. Fishing was PITIFUL, one NICE white Bass, 1.5 -2 lbs , and one large black crappie and one white Crappie. Beautiful day on the lake, lake was 55-60, rain off and on all week and cooler temps.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Likes DMW1960 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For what those cost they should last a lot longer than that. Thanks for the lake report.

Post Thanks / Like

hogster turned me onto another tip of wrapping your transducer cable in plastic conduit. I hit my cable on a dock and split it, bought another and put the conduit around it. I wish I had the tool to put conduit around wire b/c it took forever by hand.