Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spring spots on

Post Thanks / Like

Default spring spots on

Finally got some in our traditional spring spots this week , we were still fishing winter spots last week.Went fri. nite on the spur of the minute on a recon mission found wt 54 to 57 and 16 crappie and 3 yellows blue and white tube on a plain lead head was hot Name:  076.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  31.9 KB Went sat.morning to a spot that is usually a good moring spring spot and it was on , finally that real good spring bite had 53 crappie on the clicker counter and 3 more yellows. we kept about 30 to fry at bonfire party that nite. Blue and white tubes and smelt fin-s and twister tails in pink and chart. were all good wt 55 , 6 to 8 ft at dark in morn they were rite near top looked they were plucking bugs that were flying around off surface as it got light the air temp dropped some and bugs went away and fish seemed to go a lil deeper and bite slowed down some .Name:  074.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  92.7 KB Let some smaller ones and some big roed up fish go kept the the mid size ones to fry.This pattern usually starts about a month ago looking at my book I keep.

Post Thanks / Like

Males are getting there black chins now.

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch! Yeah what is with the blue and white tubes lately, had days where they wouldn't touch another color. That smelt color is another one I have been doing well with, fished side by side with yellow or white twister tails they always grab that grey green smelt.