Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally made it out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally made it out

Well I finally got the boat in the water yesterday for its maiden voyage. Went to rushcreek , the water was all the way to the top of the ramp walkway making it t hard to see to launch. The water was so stained there was maybe 6 inches of visability and temps from 48-54. I was there about 2 hours and spent most of that time checking and playing with stuff on the boat and asjusting the sonar. I treid long li ing but being by myself it was impossible to stay on any track as long as I was in n the back of the boat running the trolling motor the wind kept blowin the bow around. Never even had a nibble but it was nice getting out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you were busy. Bet you did have a good time even if you didn't catch a thing. Sometimes it just doesn't matter if you catch anything just enjoying where your at.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Great effort! Walt & I spent the day prepping the 12 footer. Got the 9.9 to run in the barrel, on the boat, so we're ready! Tomorrow, we'll be hitting a nearby lake, which is finally free of ice, to check out everything. Lake is very clear and they usually dump stockers in it for the shoreline anglers. We'll be targeting crappie & yellows though. Hoping to bend a rod or two as well.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

At least you got out, get em next time.
    Likes stanimals2 LIKED above post