Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie rod question

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie rod question

hey folks, i am new to this site, but sure like what i see. i plan on doing more crappie fishing this year and was wondering what type rods would you recommend. i have a bunch of six foot rods in med and med lite powers, but i have been talking to chaunc and he suggested a longer rod. most of my fishing will be wading the brush and shorelines this coming year. i have looked at wally marshall, but not sure what length to go with. do these come in different powers? i am partial to cork handles, and i see some have these. any help will be appreciated.........rap

Post Thanks / Like

I have wally's rods and B & M rods, I would have to say get the B & M rods. I like the feel better , the price better, and the customer service better, they allow you to buy replacement sections if you break the tip off.

Post Thanks / Like

BnM Rods have a rod that is made special for wading. I would recommend a 9-11' range rod, and use it for vertical jigging. If you prefer casting, I would recommend the 8' float and fly rod you can click on the BnM rods link below and check out their products.
    Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

A longer rod will definitely be more productive for you when wading or fishing to or from the shoreline. It'll give you a chance to put a jig in front of them before they get spooked. One thing about long rods is they can really make you hand and wrist tired. Once you choose the rod, look for a reel that will give you the most balance.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rods

I use a 10' wally marshall with a cork handle and like it.
    Let's go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

i have tried several, keep going back to b&m, thats all i will use know.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Pymaone ......

Quote Originally Posted by pymaone
    hey folks, i am new to this site, but sure like what i see. i plan on doing more crappie fishing this year and was wondering what type rods would you recommend. i have a bunch of six foot rods in med and med lite powers, but i have been talking to chaunc and he suggested a longer rod. most of my fishing will be wading the brush and shorelines this coming year. i have looked at wally marshall, but not sure what length to go with. do these come in different powers? i am partial to cork handles, and i see some have these. any help will be appreciated.........rap
    Look at BnM's 9ft & 10ft Float'n'Fly rods. They should be light enough to be able to use for long sessions, without wearing you out. They have cork (Tenn style) handles, with the slip rings for your reel ... this would allow you to move the reel forward/back (on the handle) for your personal balance preferences. They're primarily FnF rods (specific for Smallmouth fishing) ... so they should have enough backbone to lift Slabs outta tha bushes :D

I don't have either of these rods ... but do have the 8ft model w/balance weights (Duckworth FnF Bass/Crappie model). It's a fine rod, too. And, if you have any questions or reservations about any of these rods ... contact Jack Wells of BnM, and he can give you any specifics about them that you would want to know. You can tell him I sent ya !! His email addy is - [email protected] ---- you can click on the website link, at the top of this page, to look over their products. And, if you decide to purchase from them ... please use the link for that, too. (it's a Sponsorship link, and Crappie.com gets support from them when the link is used) ... luck2ya .. cp

ps - Welcome to Crappie.com !!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You won't go wrong with BnM. I like the BrushCutter model because it has more backbone and is a little stronger rod. Not quite as light as the regular jig pole, but my 10ft has held up through 3 years of hard fishin.
    Fillet and Release. Team Crisco.