Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Crappie Camp 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring Crappie Camp 2007

Spring Crappie Camp 2007 will be April 14 –18 at Kirby Landing Recreation Area on Lake Greeson in southwest central Arkansas about an hour southwest of Hot Springs and about two hours southwest of Little Rock.

Crappie Camp is for anyone interested in crappie fishing and anyone who is willing to share their techniques, set-ups and strategies for catching crappie. It’s an opportunity to see first hand how different graphs and GPS receivers work and how other folks use their electronics to locate and catch crappie. It’s a time for “show and tell” about everything from jig poles to terminal tackle.

Darryl, and I will be working but we’ll have mini-seminars on a variety of topics from filleting fish to building and sinking cover for crappie. And we’ll be asking other folks to put on mini-seminars on a variety of topics.

Darryl, Fatboy, several others and myself will be taking folks out on the water so you don’t need a boat to attend. We’ll post a list of waypoints to condos that should be holding fish so everyone will have places to fish. The spawn should be in full swing so the crappie should be in the shallows around visible cover too.

There will be plenty of campsites available so there is no need to make reservations. There are also several motels and resorts in the area. Lakeside Motel - 3983 Highway 70 W Kirby, AR (870) 398-5304 and Self Creek Marina - http://www.selfcreek.com/ - are both within 10-minutes of the campground and Ouachita Mountain Inn - 189 U.S. 70 East Glenwood, AR 71943 and Riverwood Inn - http://www.riverwood-inn.com/ - are within 20-minutes of the campground.

We’ll get together for a potluck fish fry at least one evening and we’ll sit around the campfire and tell fishing stories each night.

Here’s a link with some pictures from our last two Crappie Camps - http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/CrappieCampMain.htm

On Tuesday and Wednesday Wildman Steve Wilson with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission will be hosting a Media event. This will be a great opportunity for all of us to promote our passion of crappie fishing through several television stations and newspapers.

If you have any questions or suggestions for mini seminar topics please post them here.

We’re looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones at Spring Crappie Camp 2007!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry, I'll be there, I made the other two and really enjoyed them. I met a lot of great people and made some lasting friendships. See y'all at Crappie Camp '07.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

As long as my family is healthy (unlike the fall camp), I am IN. Seems like I had this discussion today with L.A. over at Cane Creek

Post Thanks / Like

You can defently count me in. wouldn't miss it for the world. Good folks good food and good fishing. Had a blast at the last one. Bringing a few boats from OKLA if some one needs a place to fish.Will be glad to hook you up.Jerry and Darryl put on a first rate opperation.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

I also plan on coming this year. I will bring the family and stay at Swaha on the south end of the lake. I will have my boat as well. Still hoping to be there this weekend as well, just hope I can remember where a condo or two is...

Post Thanks / Like

I take it this is boat mandatory? I need to find some extra cash! Would love to do this.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-04-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhaiken
    I take it this is boat mandatory? I need to find some extra cash! Would love to do this.
    ABSOLUTELY NOT boat mandatory!!! There were several people who attended the last two crappie camps who did not bring a boat. They enjoyed camping, attended the mini-seminars, more than contributed to the potluck fish fries, and not once did I see someone who did bring a boat not invite them to go fishing with them. I sincerely hope you decide to come. You'll not regret it for a minute. Plus, it'll be a perfect time for you to see many other boats and how they are rigged so when you are ready to buy a boat you'll know exactly what you want to get. That's the whole purpose of the camp.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-04-2007 at 02:31 PM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on coming. I would be interested in doing a mini seminar on making jigs from start to fishing. Is this lake canoe friendly for fishing?
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texascrappiefisherman
    I'm planning on coming. I would be interested in doing a mini seminar on making jigs from start to fishing. Is this lake canoe friendly for fishing?
    I really hope you make it. I would like to see how to make jigs.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texascrappiefisherman
    Hey texascrappiefisherman:

We would love to have you join us for Crappie Camp and do a seminar in jig makeing - that will be great! I fished Greeson for several years out of a canoe with a trolling motor on it. There are plenty of areas to fish right near the campground that you can easily reach by paddling a canoe.

There will be plenty of room in other boats too for those that come without a boat. We'll also have some condos to fish that are within casting distance of the bank for those that wish to bank-fish.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast