Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yikes! "How Human Birth Control Could Be Reducing Fish Populations"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yikes! "How Human Birth Control Could Be Reducing Fish Populations"

FYI, folks. Just saw this article, although I've heard about this issue before.

How Human Birth Control Could Be Reducing Fish Populations | TheBlaze.com

Post Thanks / Like

here in pa the Allegheny river the male fish are sometimes caring eggs because of the estrogen pills being deposited in to the river through sewage plants .and some female fish are not develoing eggs almost become like a male fish .

Post Thanks / Like

Just one more way we are killing off our resources.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago the textile plants here would dump dye into the river system. I have seen the river pink looking one week and blue the next from the dye. We would have bullfrogs on the river and all of a sudden there would not be one to be found and the mussels were first to go. I often wondered if the dye was harmful to the fish and the fish that we caught and eat back then. Now we don't have any textile companies as they all went overseas to China (cheaper labor and no environmental restrictions). The environmental people would come around and charge them a penalty fine$$$( just a government money deal) and the next thing we knew they were doing the same thing dumping in the river again. A swamp behind one of the old textile(denim) plants even had the name indigo swamp for the dark blue indigo color on the trees from the dye. I am sure these companies will just pay a fine(as the textile plants did) and keep doing what they are doing and if it gets too expensive they will just pass the fee onto their product buyers.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Specklocker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My Doc has an observation about birth control pills as well. If both mom and grandma used birth control pills the results are the granddaughter develops at a younger age and has larger
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!