Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Longview Lake 3-31 and Prairie Lee 4-7

Post Thanks / Like

Default Longview Lake 3-31 and Prairie Lee 4-7

Longview 3-31 - Water temp 52. Fished up Blue River arm anywhere between 5-20 fow, dipped trees, cast jigs from here to there, up to the bank to way out deep, nothing. Trolled a crawler for walleye along the dam at dusk and well after dark, nothing. Not a bite.

Prairie Lee 4-7 - Water temp 57. Fished the normal deep brush piles, docs, along the bank to way out deep, no crappie, one small bass out in front of a doc. The best thing I caught was a nice pic of the sunset as it was a beauty night.

Both lakes should start heating up once the water starts heating up.

May you all enjoy your fishing experience.
    Likes vic n, Slab Pirate 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Bernie....the boat didn't sink...your gear all works....you should be all set for when them crappie get in the mood to start biting!

thanks for the report.

Likes BC in KC LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I actually found a couple crappie last week at lee. They were right off the banks. Some very aggressive males and a female here and there

Post Thanks / Like

Longview temp yesterday 58 up mouse nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Does longview have any decent sized crappie? All I ever catch there are dinks (under 10 inches). Maybe I'm not fishing the right spots? What are your guys experiences there?

Post Thanks / Like

My granddaughter caught one 14" crappie there 3 years ago. That is the biggest that I have seen at Longview. Most of them wehave caught are small ones 4 to 6 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Duncan with call sign mduncan62 caught a huge one there a couple years ago maybe 17 and 3 lbs, that is now in the acquarium at the Independence Bass Pro. The best day I've had has been catching a dozen or more between 10-12 inches. And then I went back the next day and caught a dozen or more none bigger than 7 inches. So yeah, they are small. The guy at the marina told me to keep every crappie you catch (up to your limit of 30) and throw out the dinks in the trash or clip them if you have to, it's way over populated and they want to get the numbers down. Good luck and be sure to post if/when you slay.

Post Thanks / Like

caught a bunch over 1lb, and caught that 2.43 that I gave to BPS. I found a very specific pattern, that worked for big crappie, but the numbers were never there. I caught the 2.43 here 38°53'42.95"N 94°27'37.78"W. I also caught a bunch of good fish in that area, and around the 2 large trees. They close that area off for a long time due to the eagles. Once they open that area, this cluster of hairy brush/trees produces some great crappie, the coords are 38°53'39.28"N 94°27'26.95"W. This area is normally only 2-3ft deep, don't let that bother you. That area all around there will produce good crappie. Once you find what works, you need to look for the same structure around the lake, if one works, I have found that they all work on that day, in a similar depth. There is plenty of similar structure on the other arm of the lake, anything from 2-6 foot of water, depending on the time of year. There's a lot of dead water in those areas, but you can find big crappie in less than 3ft of water.
    Likes dester223 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ol Longview.........I went to the junior college there for a semester before transferring.....I never fished that lake while up there I had a few other things on my mind in college.