Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerpro Depth hunter line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Powerpro Depth hunter line

I just ordered myself some bandits and getting ready to try my hand at trolling cranks this summer.....I dont have any line counter reels....dont really want to buy line counter reels as they just seem to confusing and to much trouble for me. I am curious if any of yall have ever tried the power pro depth hunter line for trolling? any input on it or any kind of depth multi colored line?

Post Thanks / Like

yes it works great also too you can let out line til you start catching then put a rubber band on spool to keep the amount of line out marked

Post Thanks / Like

Check with Rees Guide from Ms. He used it last year for a while. Cant see any reason why it wouldnt work.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Works GREAT!!!!!!! I wont be buy any more line counters!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Default Powerpro Depth hunter line

I've been using the Depth Hunter line for two years now. It's great string. Changes color every 25', and has a depth mark every 5'. Easy to keep up with the amount of line out. Don't need line counters with it, and it'll work long lining and pushing as well. Works great on both spinning reels and baitcasters.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

What lb test do you use. Looks like a good alternative to buying line counter reels just starting out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    I've been using the Depth Hunter line for two years now. It's great string. Changes color every 25', and has a depth mark every 5'. Easy to keep up with the amount of line out. Don't need line counters with it, and it'll work long lining and pushing as well. Works great on both spinning reels and baitcasters.
    /?
    what do yall do if yall cut line or break off in a certain color? just go to where the next color starts to re tie? also do yall spool the whole reel with this or back it with some else first? next question...cheapest place to order and what size suggest for pulling cranks?

Post Thanks / Like

I havent broke it, have pulled the eyes slam out of crankbaits but not broke the braid. I use 40 pound test with 10 pound diameter so the charts work. I line ALL mine the same, 200 feet of this stuff is plenty on a reel. When it fades some just put that line on another reel and now the unfaded line is on top and fresh color.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Have you had to cut line due to fish wrapping up multiple rods? I can get the mono knots out good but the braid not so much

Post Thanks / Like

I dont EVER have this problem, I pull different lengths of line out so that rods on the same side of the boat are staggered. Fish hits we raise the rod and the fish comes to the middle and reel him in.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast