Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: x-mas trees

Post Thanks / Like

Default x-mas trees

went down the street today and got a dozen big trees off the curb, i will cut some holes on theme to let the big ones hide, look forward to placing them, they should go nicely with my bamboo condos.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas trees

Heres another good idea, a friend, that lives up north, on alake that has some crappies, but is mostly fished by walleye and musky fishermen,goes to yard and garage sales, and buys artificial trees, he haggles the price, and dosn't buy the fancy ones. The ones he buys, he sinks intoseveral spots on the lake, marking them withshore and GPS bearings, and returns to them all through the season, and he keeps his mouth SHUT. We went to several of his spots, and had a ball, he didn't sharing because its almost 650 miles from where i live, and one trip every two years isn't going to wear the spots out. he has dozens of them, and if one gets overun with fishermen, he has back ups.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think Christmas trees are a great crappie condo. I would like to know some of the different ways that people weigh their trees down. I usually weigh them down with a concrete block. Is there anyother ways?

Post Thanks / Like

i use empty milk jugs filled with quickcrete, also 5 gallon buckets with the tree stuck in them, if i want the trees to float off the bottom for awhile i will use the milk jugs and a few feet of cord, it works well.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

have u guys figured out how long theyll produce? i keep hearing 2 yrs tops. good thing xmas comes every year if thats true.