Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Guides and Lodging and Weather

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Guides and Lodging and Weather

Planning a trip for 4/16-4/20. Will be our group of 10 first time there. Where is the best place to stay? How about bait shops? Who do you recommend for guides should we want to go that way for a day? How much rain did you get today? Thanks
    Likes rondo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

lots of motels in Clinton, Bucksaw Marina is the only place I have stayed, lots of good guides, Richard Bowling, Buck saw guide Jeff Faulkenbery, The folks at Bucksaw will tell you the way it is and general area where they are biting,,, and that time of the year, mouth of coves is what I have been reading, and up some of the creeks, Jackson, pretty bob, sand branch, those are up the grand.

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw is a good place, marina is right there with boat ramp and bait shop. They also have a small restaurant at the marina. Nothing fancy there, they have cabins with kitchens or hotel rooms. You can look them up on line. There is a camp ground there also if your planning on camping.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't tell, lots of us use and reccommend Bucksaw. They go out of their way to take care of fishermen/women and we go out of our way to give them word-of-mouth advertising. They offer free ramp access/parking, cabins, rooms, boat slips, camping, guide services, advice, bait, etc. And in the opinion of most, the Grand offers some of the best crappie fishing on the lake. If you let them know you are a cdc'er they might even give you some little discounts here and there.

Post Thanks / Like

If you stay in Clinton, I'd just go to Everharts for minnows personally. They are the outdoor store in town and have any and everything you could possibly want. Staff there is great and will help you out on any questions you have also. I buy all my stuff there.

I've stayed at bucksaw before and recommend it. If you stay there, their marina has minnows.

As for guides, the two mentioned already, Richard Bowling and Jeff Fauckenberry are both well known in the area. I've never been with either, but hear nothing but good stuff about the two.
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

First off NO Trip to Truman Fishing should be without a trip to Everharts in Clinton for crappie fishing gear! I don't care how many times you have been into Bass Pro or Cabela's! If you want Crappie Fishing gear Everharts in Clinton and their staff can set you up! I live here in Springfield, MO where the headquarters of Bass Pro is located. LOL! And I find better stuff for Crappie Fishermen at Everharts in Clinton. And the folks up there use what they sell too!!!
    Likes LSL Angler, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I can't add any better advice than that. Although I have stayed at The motel just outside of Longshoal and it was nice. Long shoal has a good marina and restaurant also. Nice staff also.

Post Thanks / Like

My Opinions...
    Where is the best place to stay? I like staying right at bucksaw, very convienet. They have some larger units which would work great for you.
    How about bait shops? Bucksaw as bait right there for you. If you are in town of Clinton. Everharts is the way to go.
    Who do you recommend for guides should we want to go that way for a day? Slab Crappie Guide Service
    How much rain did you get today? Not for sure on amount, but fishing is great right now!!!