Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best Fishing Times!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Best Fishing Times!!

I know the best fishing time is any time you can go but how many of you use the Solunar Table and is it effective for you?

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Len

I don,t follow them real close, but when I,m fishin and the bite seems to pick up---I,ll look at my map76s [it has moon times] --a lot of times it is pretty well on it
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

3 days before a full moon/3 days after.I follow these more in the summer months,than winter months.I'm more in tune with following the weather during ice season,than anything.
    CrappieMagnet

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Len ......

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    I know the best fishing time is any time you can go but how many of you use the Solunar Table and is it effective for you?
    I don't necessarily "go" by the Solunar Table ... but have done better on days/nights that are around/on a Full Moon (as long as the Moon & Sun aren't in the sky at the same time). Here's a site I found, that you might find interesting, and you may want to experiment with checking it out before or after a trip ... just to see if it coincides with your success/failure time range :
    http://www.havefunfishing.com/fishin...ster_week.html

I've always heard about the "X number of days before/after Full/Dark Moon" being the "best" time frame for "big" fish. BUT ... when you crunch the numbers, it's almost a 50/50 toss up :p --- consider: the Moon is full or dark every 14days ... and if you count the 3days before, the day of, and the 3days after either of these events --- that's 7 days (1/2 the total time between events)
    Now, if I had every day to fish ... I might be persuaded to concentrate my efforts during these "peak time" days - thus, potentially raising my chances by being on the water during these times. But, since I haven't got that option, I "go" when the opportunity presents itself. :D I do know, however, that the Full Moon period, in the Spring & Fall trips I take, have generally been pretty productive. I scheduled our Spring & Fall Crappie Tourney's around the Full Moon, for the 5yrs that they ran .... and the only thing that stopped most of the contestants from having a reasonably productive day --- was the weather (specifically, high winds). So, no ... I don't discount the idea that the Solunar idea has merit. I just don't use it as a "single" determining factor, as to whether or not I go ... or even a factor in whether I catch anything, or not. There's too many other variables, that can come into play on any given day. ........ cp

fiesty Guest

I follow the weather more than the moon tables, unless I'm on the ocean, where the moon can change the tides considerably....I do agree however that any time you can fish is the best time to fish.....

Post Thanks / Like

I check the tables any time that I am going to fish just as something to cross reference not so much as to time my fishing by. I do keep track of every time I go fishing and have noticed that the charts are often close if not right on the money. If you time the weather patterns with the solunar charts the fishing can be phenominal, but the two do not always come together. When they do, be ready.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garmin's version...

I have this version of the solunar tables on my Garmin Rino 120. I have checked it periodically on fishing trips and it's correct about 60-70% of the time, when the fish are biting it's usually best during the times it says. But some days even when it calls for a good day, they don't bite. At least it gives me some hope and a time that I "should" be out on the water fishing...:rolleyes:
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I go when I can. Don't pay too much attention to the hype. I have seen it work and I have seen it bust.....