Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

Post Thanks / Like

Talking New Year's Resolutions

It is a New Year and the time to make resolutions. I hope to catch more and bigger crappie and maybe to lose a few pounds. :rolleyes: What are your resolutions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good question

The first thing I want is stay employed. Work looks ok for now.

Next thing I want is for the war in Iraq to end. Too many young people have lost their lives for no good reason. The money we are wasting there needs to be used to help the people in this country first. Afterall it is our money screw them.

One thing I would like to happen is catch a limit of 2lb plus crappie just once in my life. I know I'm at the wrong lake to do it but hell dreaming doesn't cost anything yet as far as I know.

Last thing I'd like to see or hear about is everyone in this country dreams come true fishing or not.

It's still raining here.

Larry

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quit smoking for good. And if anyone thinks its just a matter of willpower, I've got a simple little test for you. It involves a box of Xlax.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to you all with your resolutions - I want to take more time to get things done around the house and quit procrastinating - and then I can fish more without the wife fussing at me when am I going to get this done and that done (sometimes she is justified)
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My resolution is to Fish more.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

I smoked since I was a senior in high school. I stopped smoking in 1993 and boy am I glad that I finally kicked that habit. If you want to die early just keep on using Tobaco Produces and you will get your wish.

The nictoine in Tobacco is one of the most addicting substances known to man.

I got the nicotine patch and used that for the first week or two. It took the edge off the cravings but the rest is pure willpower.

You and ONLY YOU can decide if you want to stop smoking or not. It's totally up to the individual. No one can tell you want to do with yourself. I can give advise and try to help give suggestions but they won't work unless you make up your own mind to stop or keep on smoking.

It took me three times to finally give up the habit. It can be done but you have to want to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Quit smoking for good. And if anyone thinks its just a matter of willpower, I've got a simple little test for you. It involves a box of Xlax.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

My resolution started at the first of December. I had too many vices to quit them one at a time, so I quit them all at once. Tobacco, coffee, tea, and alcohol. The worst was coffee......kept a headache for almost two weeks. I'd heard it would cause a headache, but two weeks? I always get up early to make coffee for the family, and smelling that rich aroma, knowing that one cup would end the pain was almost irresistable. On the bright side, the headache made me forget all about the alcohol and tobacco. :D
    Happy New Year to all!!