Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe just me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe just me

I am about to have a mental breakdown. I want to go FISHING! I just can't go, just to say I went fishing. The wind is blowing 30 to 40 miles per hour. I might try to tough it out at 10 to 15. I just don't feel 30 t0 40 is safe or fun. My retired motto is " if it aint fun I don't want to do it"......Waited this long, guess I'll wait a little longer........crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

I am like you I love to fish but being safe comes first. That way I will live to fish another day.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Join the club. Conditions will improve.

I've been stove up with pneumonia for the last 3 weeks after running my snow goose hunts since December. I live 8 miles from KY Lake and my buddies are starting to slam them. This dog will have his day.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. Perfect days while I have to work and then conditions go to crap when I manage to get some time off.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Nearly all of our lakes are very stained to muddy.Some just begun to clear,and a massive rain pushed the levels up and brought the mud............very frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just like you!! Can't wait to get out but the weather sucks - had a couple of warm days a few weeks ago then frigid again. Yesterday it got up to 65 degrees.

Today - 22 degrees, winds at 30-35 mph and snowing. We're under a winter weather advisory for snow if the temps stay down or a freezing rain advisory if the temps get up above freezing. The rivers that opened up a little are high and buddy and absolutely UNSAFE to go near and all the ponds are still frozen solid. The next week is going to be cold again with snow flurries on and off all week.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping you get out soon. It isn't all roses here either. I have been getting out some, and the fish are moving. I have made a stab at pushing some cranks that I have painted over the winter, and been successful but it has NOT been a walk in the park. Winds from the west yesterday at a steady 15 gusting 30 with whitecaps. Released 13 and counted my blessings. Tried it today after the storms went through last night, hoping the wind had lost some of it's punch. Nothing doing. Same wind, but now from the east. Towards the ramp. On a crowded day. Do I have to tell you what it was like getting out? Absolutely crazy!! I wound up helping 3 others guys flying solo get on the trailer and pulled out, one of them was 20yrs my senior and I'm not a newer model. He started at first light and it was after 3 when I helped him load up, and he had 2 crappie to show for the day on the water in a 16' metal boat. I didn't have the heart to tell him of the 17 I released today. He was done in and walking very slow when he got in the van and left. So was my day, and your day is coming soon. Be glad to hear you telling of your trips when the time comes.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

The only 2 reasons I won't crappie fish are 25+ winds and Lightning!
    i can handle about anything else.
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've been out the last three weekends. Today was by far the warmest. First weekend out was first weekend after ice out. It was cold, everything was cold. Second weekend it was 18 degrees when I launched and 35 when I loaded, not as cold but still cold. Today it was warmer, 32 when I launched and 55 when I loaded, however the wind steadily increased as the day progresses, when it hit 17mph I was heading in for the day. I can't wait for warmer weather.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree this one time a week schedule seems to be broke . Saturday is always messed up . Last year I fished two Saturdays in March/April .So far once in march once April .Driving a school bus is not a bad gig for the money but it saves a lot of fish .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast