PDA

View Full Version : Stren, Stren, Stren, Stren...

Slab
04-03-2015, 03:17 PM
The first four respondents here that provide a good post about why they like Stren line will get some Stren. I will judge what good as I'm the one paying for postage! lol

This is what you will get:

Disclaimer: Prizes and rules subject to change without notice.

kycreek
04-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Grew up using Stren & still use it (Low vis green on my bass rods). My parents owned & operated a campground/baitshop and taught me well. But I sure would like to try the high vis gold on my crappie rigs.

"G"
04-03-2015, 03:27 PM
I like it because it is very limp...low stretch....low memory. Easy to cast and no tangles. I like the high vis Gold too for these old eyes. And....Its made in the USA

catman
04-03-2015, 03:28 PM
I've been using 8lb. gold Stren for 40 years, never seen a reason to change.

dave the wave
04-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Always use the Stren hivis Floresent to night fish with. It shows up well under the blacklight better than most. Started using it when my hero of fishing, Bill Dance started advertising it in the late 60's and early 70's.

Tn Johnboy
04-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Caught a 31# buffalo out of a small lake several years ago on 6# Stren crappie fishing

callmecamo
04-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Late to the party. I like Stren because it is non political. Meaning, it does exactly what it says it will do, every time. And the only hookers that it will get caught with are of the Eagle Claw variety!

Slab
04-03-2015, 04:06 PM
kycreekboy, dave the wave, catman and tnjohnboy, please pm me your mailing address.

"g", I'll give you yours at the Geezer Rodeo.

Sorry callmecamo, yep, you were a tad late.

But TN Johnboy did get lucky cause I actually had 5 sets of the prizes I could send out.

To all the winners, thank you very much. And please do post how you enjoyed the Stren. And also, thank you Stren for sending to goodies. Isn't it cool, some of these manufactures just send me goodies for our members to trial. Hey, if anyone else wants to send me goodies to give out (or knows someone) by all means, let me know.

Thanks all.

Tn Johnboy
04-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Thank you Stren and Slab.
I'm Blessed instead of lucky. lol.

kycreek
04-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks Ed and Stren !!! Got a pole ready to be rigged setting by my desk now.

"G"
04-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Thanks to Stren and Slab.......and congrats to the other winners

catman
04-03-2015, 04:28 PM
HeySlab, seeing as how I have 2 2400ft. spools already (probably more than I'll ever need) why don't you give mine to someone else. Thanks Slab and special thanks to Stren.

deathb4disco
04-03-2015, 04:36 PM
They market the new crappie mono as having "small diameter for casting small lures".

Based on the diameters at their website, that looks correct. The 4# in .17mm. Most 4# mono is .20mm.

Slab
04-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Well thanks catman. Mighty nice of you. What a great website with the greatest members. Ok callmecamo, I'll need your mailing addy then please.

shipahoy41
04-04-2015, 06:18 AM
I like it because it is very limp...low stretch....low memory. Easy to cast and no tangles. I like the high vis Gold too for these old eyes. And....Its made in the USA

Somehow I knew David would be one of the first. I love it too my friend and have been using it the past eight years. Hi Vis Gold for me too.

"G"
04-04-2015, 06:51 AM
Slab......Since I have some Stren line on hand just send mine to shipahoy. Mike PM Slab with your mailing info.

shipahoy41
04-04-2015, 07:50 AM
Slab......Since I have some Stren line on hand just send mine to shipahoy. Mike PM Slab with your mailing info.

David, you are alright with me buddy. I had been very busy the past few days with funerals, writing an article for the summer issue of Crappie World, and writing a sermon for Resurrection Sunday services. I appreciate your kind gesture. That is why you are MOY and I am proud of you. Thank you.

short grub
04-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Thank you Slab, and a big thank you to Stren.

Hanr3
04-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Awesome!!!
I too use Stren and this year I am trying out the 4lb blaze orange for my slip bobber rigs. I've used 4,6, 8, and 10 pound in the past, mostly clear and green. Great product.

DockShootinJack
04-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Slab and the sponsors are always doing things to make peoples days better.

catman
04-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Just looked at cabela's website and they have the 330yd. spool of hi-vis gold on sale for $2.88

callmecamo
04-05-2015, 05:56 PM
YOU DA MAN! Thank you kindly, sir! Happy Easter to you and all!

dave the wave
04-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Slab, I got a box in the mail today and I was happy. Much to my surprise there were 4 spools of stren a pack of hooks and a crappie.com decal. I was only expecting one spool of line. I will pass the good fortune forward and give 2 of the spools of line for prizes at the Spring Fling on Green on the 25th of April.

Slab
04-07-2015, 06:34 AM
Slab, I got a box in the mail today and I was happy. Much to my surprise there were 4 spools of stren a pack of hooks and a crappie.com decal. I was only expecting one spool of line. I will pass the good fortune forward and give 2 of the spools of line for prizes at the Spring Fling on Green on the 25th of April.

See, I told y'all this before: "crappie fishermen are the best".

Smoltz
04-07-2015, 08:00 AM
I have never used this line before.
The gold looks to be a light golden color. And seems like it would disappear well in the water?
Much better than the Hi vis yellow or orange. And probably can see it just as well above water.

Tn Johnboy
04-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Got my package today. Many thanks to Stren and Slab for 4 spools of Stren line a jig and decal. Great site and sponsors here for sure.

kycreek
04-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Got my package today. Many thanks to Stren and Slab for 4 spools of Stren line a jig and decal. Great site and sponsors here for sure.

:hesaid

Got mine yesterday as well. Gave some to my brother-in-law to get his opinion also. Thanks !!!

billyoungb
04-08-2015, 03:08 PM
My dad used Stren when I was a kid and it is all I use now. I am 48 yrs old and love me some Stren.

shipahoy41
04-08-2015, 03:29 PM
I want to personally thank Ed (Slab) and David ("G") for all that they do on behalf of the members of crappie.com and their fellow fishermen. I received a box in the mail today from Slab and when I opened in all I could think of was from Psalms 23: 5-6 "....My cup runneth over, surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life." I received thi not because of what I did but because they are very kind and generous individuals. I am thankful for the Stren, hooks, Lindy Dancing tubes, Gewber fish attractant and my own Gewber decal. Many other individuals will also be blessed because of your generosity and I will pay forward 1/3 of this box to other individuals in need. The Stren line, however will remain with me as it is my favorite line and has proven itself to be very durable, visable to these old eyes, and easy to cast. What more can a fellow ask for in a fishing line? I personally love HI-VIS Gold and the fish love it because they know that at the end of it is something good to eat handcrafted by Shipahoy41. Thank you again Slab and "G" for all you do and for thinking of little old me. God Bless You both.

Mike

BigRiverMarine
04-08-2015, 07:24 PM
I like it because it is very limp...low stretch....low memory.

You using Geezer string? Sounds like they have the same properties. [emoji12]

DockShootinJack
04-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Okay that's funny. Onba serious note I am proud to be a part of Crappie.com because of the generosity of the members, owner and mods. No place better on the net.

Specklocker
04-09-2015, 04:48 AM
Great job Slab! I am over 50 yoa and used Stren exclusively until a couple years ago because others offered hi vis line. I will definitely return to this awesome line for Crappie fishing. The color will help these over 50 eyes. Keep up the good work!

callmecamo
04-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Got my box yesterday. Thanks Slab and thanks Stren!

Specklocker
04-11-2015, 05:24 PM
I placed my order today at Cabela's. BPS didn't have the gold.

eagle 1
04-11-2015, 06:47 PM
where can you buy the 6lb. in 5lb. spools ?

"G"
04-11-2015, 06:57 PM
where can you buy the 6lb. in 5lb. spools ?

Have you tried Grizzly Jig ?

Specklocker
04-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Received my made in S.C., USA Stren hi vis gold today. Will spool it ASAP! Thanks for the info Slab.

kycreek
04-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Well finally got out yesterday and was able to try out the 6lb. Stren. Have to say it has very little memory and will cast a 1/16 jig a good ways. Easy to see tics in the line. Definitely will have a place in my arsenal. Specifically on my jig casting rods.
Thanks again to Ed & Stren.:ThumbsUp

Slab
04-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Well finally got out yesterday and was able to try out the 6lb. Stren. Have to say it has very little memory and will cast a 1/16 jig a good ways. Easy to see tics in the line. Definitely will have a place in my arsenal. Specifically on my jig casting rods.
Thanks again to Ed & Stren.:ThumbsUp

Thank you very much for your report. It is much appreciated.

willietex75766
04-26-2015, 10:13 AM
David, you are alright with me buddy. I had been very busy the past few days with funerals, writing an article for the summer issue of Crappie World, and writing a sermon for Resurrection Sunday services. I appreciate your kind gesture. That is why you are MOY and I am proud of you. Thank you.

Hello Ship,
Have you heard that the guy at Crappie World wants to sell his magazine? I love that magazine and hope he continues to publish until someone can take it over. I know you would be great or may know someone who could keep it going. The only problem with taking it on would be the "competition" that this site would be as it is the most wonderful online forum on the art of crappie fishing. I wish I had the time, means and knowlege it would require for this publication. The folks here are amazing with the knowlege, willingness to share and give of themselves that is displayed on this site. I am almost obsessed with Crappie.com as much as I am with fishing for the illusive species. Anyway, God Bless you and everyone here who are examples of the type of people we all should be, Michael

Crappitier
04-26-2015, 12:37 PM
I gave up with mono a long time ago! Stren is fine, as good as the rest of the pack? But, I only use NanoFil on my reels now.

It's the thinnest line in the world, and doesn't make noise like PowerPro, and has absolutely no memory at all. You can cast a mile and the line will last for years.

It's nice of you to give some Stren away, and when you give some NanoFil away ........ I'll be the very first to write a wonderful page about that super line!

Tight Lines,