Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to try Mark Twain next weekend any reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to try Mark Twain next weekend any reports?

Coming over to give Mark Twain a try any reports?

Post Thanks / Like

O yes be my 1st time fishing Mark Twain.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there on Friday. Didn't get around a lot because of how windy it was. Bite was really slow after that cold front moved in. We've got a lot of warm weather the week ahead so fishing next weekend should be better. I'll be out there Saturday.
    Likes catman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

if the rain steers clear of twain this week, next weekend should be good. I would guess still prespawn patterns but if it's good and warm a guy could probably find a few right on the banks. usually the last couple weeks of april are the peak of the spawn but the weather will dictate that. remember, twain is full of stick ups and stumps and other hidden boating hazards so be careful when you get away from the main channels and back into the creeks. Ive been fishing twain for years and I still keep it to an idle speed when back in the arms.
    keep an eye on the "south fork resort's" fish report and blog, usually good info to be found there.

Post Thanks / Like

I was up at the 107 ramp yesterday out for a ride with my wife. I talked to a couple that had just come in. No fish at all. Warmest water they found was 48. Water is pretty brown. Heard other reports that they were catching a few but that was before all of this rain came.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank guys! Should be there Thursday to Sunday Staying at Timber Ridge .

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely still wayyyy early, think early pre-spawn. Talked to pops today when he was on the water and was picking a few up rigging but only at the mouths of creeks. Found some warmer water but again, still a ways off... Ice was just off a few weeks ago, gotta give it time.

I'd bet on rigging for 2-3 weeks still, depending on weather. Caught spawning crappie last year in Early June!

Old timers tip, watch for the dogwoods to be in full bloom!

U

Post Thanks / Like

I was down in Branson this weekend and Saturday no dogwoods in bloom, Sunday morning, two of them in my in-law's yard were in bloom and 2 weren't. Stopped by my farm on the way back (about 1/2hr from LOZ) and no dogwoods blooming. We were just talking about the dogwood - crappie spawn relationship this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I also don't think the crappie are spawning at Mark Twain yet. We did catch one good size female on Thursday. She was FAT in the belly with eggs, but lacked that tell tale red button on her bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaoeyp View Post
    I also don't think the crappie are spawning at Mark Twain yet. We did catch one good size female on Thursday. She was FAT in the belly with eggs, but lacked that tell tale red button on her bottom.
    I'd be willing to bet that if anyone is catching fish shallow right now it's because they are chasing bait...... looking at the forecast (I know, don't trust the weather) there's a lot of rain in the 5-7 day. Between the water temps, cold fronts and potential rain I bet we're a month out. That's not to say you won't catch some mid-late April if things get right, all depends where you are on the lake.

But......... WTH do I know!

U
    Likes springhillwantabe LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast