Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: looking for fishing reports for Pomme and Stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for fishing reports for Pomme and Stockton

I am taking my wife fishing saturday, debating on what lake. we will be fishing for crappie with minnows and trying to put a game plan together. any infomation would be a lot of help.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Pomme is pretty muddy right now, just checked the lake stage and the water level is up almost a foot today. It's raining pretty good right now and suppose to continue off & on till noon or so tomorrow. My bet would be that Stockton will be muddy too. The fish were biting pretty good, but the rain and cold front coming through will make it tough on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of Rain and the creeks and rivers are rolling. If you can I would wait until Saturday afternoon/evening and give things a chance to calm down. The fish on Stockton are ready to go to the banks in a big way up the rivers/creeks but this much water and a cold morning to start might make fishing tough? If you fish the Big sac arm I would recommend putting in at mutton creek or twin bridges and running up the river. CC boat ramp is a zoo this time of year and a terrible design. I have seen times of an evening when it takes an hour to get loaded after you drop off your partner. So, either launch and make a run or be prepared for possible crazy town. Aldrich at least gives you the option of launching off the gravel if ramp is busy. If you know where some brush piles are out from spawning areas they would be a good place to check if you can't get anything going casting toward the banks.

Good Luck
    Fish like your hungry!
    Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Pomme out of Nemo last weekend and the crappie were still hanging pretty tight on the brush. Ended up cleaning only 12 fish between 2 of us but boy were they healthy. short was 11" and long was 14" and they were FAT. 20 fow down 10' was best for us.