Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Fatboy

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hey Fatboy

Well I finally got to meet Cane Pole and his lovely wife today. Went down there and bought a trolling motor off him and that was absolutely the most fun I've had giving somebody else my money. I got to see some of the inventions and I just want to say.... WOW!!! This guy is really something else.... I don't know what; but definitely something else.

I guess by now you're wondering why I titled this post "Hey Fatboy." Well here goes. Tom and I were taking the trolling motor off of his boat. I decided to unscrew the clamp that holds the shaft on the Motor Guides. Oh... My... God!!! I couldn't hardly budge the thing. Tom said "Fatboy put this thing on here. We may not get it off. He's a big ol'boy!!!" I thought we were gonna have to get a pipe wrench & cheater pipe! It's supposed to be hand tight!

Fatboy I got a question for ya. When you change the oil in your truck, do you just squeeze the engine block to get the oil out? If I ever get to meet ya don't be offended if I don't wanta shake hands!
    :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that you two fine engineers remembered to take the tension off of the TM shaft beforehand.:D Either way, I think FB could tighten a lugnut without a wrench.

Post Thanks / Like

Wiskers, glad you got to meet Tom. He is a heck of a guy. Hopefully in another couple hundred years I will have half his knowledge. I didn't touch the part on the shaft. I only bolted the motor to the deck, four bolts, thats it. I can't believe that thing was so tight, cause my old trolling motor was bad to want to strip out if you soured down on it real bad. As for the question about my truck engine, it has close to 200,000 miles on it now. It is a 95 Z-71. I change the filter everynow and then but never change the oil. It does that automatically everywhere I go. I just have to add some oil as I go. LOL Take care Wiskers and hope you like the trolling motor. PS Hope you don't buy the RAM Mount off the front of his boat, cause I put that thing on also and I know it won't come loose.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry Wiskers, I got ya covered. LOL!!!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    I hope that you two fine engineers remembered to take the tension off of the TM shaft beforehand.:D Either way, I think FB could tighten a lugnut without a wrench.
    We did.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope I get to meet all you folks at the memorial Tourny. We'll have a blast!!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskers
    I sure hope I get to meet all you folks at the memorial Tourny. We'll have a blast!!! :D
    Wiskers,
    That's what this tournament is all about. Meeting people and having a good time by all. That's the way David wanted it to be when he was alive.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Wiskers,
    That's what this tournament is all about. Meeting people and having a good time by all. That's the way David wanted it to be when he was alive.
    Wish I would have known him! He must have been a great person to have had so many good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about the lug nut...but i know how he builds his muscles....lifting that heavy bobber and shiner....i tried to get him to go to a lightweight jig but he prefers the workout....

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hogfaninla
    I dont know about the lug nut...but i know how he builds his muscles....lifting that heavy bobber and shiner....i tried to get him to go to a lightweight jig but he prefers the workout....
    Cane Pole said Fatboy tightened lug nuts with his fingers. I don't doubt it either!!! LOL :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast