Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single or Multiple rod holder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Single or Multiple rod holder

I'm wanting to get set up for spider rigging. I have a Ranger Cherokee.
    Which is better, a set of single pole holders or a t-bar style multiple holder set up?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

They are both good....I like the T bars though......Spyder Loks are the way to go.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Check these out: And Mr. Johnson can get you started out right.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/-memb...ransport-rack/

Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

And also check Mr. Johnsons Millennium boat seats out also your bottom side will appreciate it.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to spider-rig or longline then you will need a T-Bar. If you do not want to drill any holes in your boat check out my website at Extreme Fishing Concepts We also carry a full line of Driftmaster equipment to complete you set up. You can also call us for information on how to turn your boat into a crappie machine with no holes drilled.

Post Thanks / Like

Check your regulations first, here in ohio we can only use 2 poles per firsherman and I fish alone alot of times ( its my solitude ) so a spyder set up isnt much good. I have 2 rod holders on the front and 2 on the back so I can long line or spyder off the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Missouri, we can have up to 33 hooks as long as an address is on the rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, Im not sure if having a t-bar will get in the way of my trolling motor when stowing it.
    I don't mind drilling a few holes in the boat. Even if I went with a single holder set up I would have it on a track system.

Post Thanks / Like

Detmerdj; My wife and I fish with 6 poles each for a total of 12 hooks and you can fish 33 Wow! Sometimes when they are biting good or we come through a school of crappie we will catch several at one time. This is when it gets real good 3 to 4 fish at one time in the boat and we are trying to keep everything from tangling up. I love it and untangling is not so bad when you are catching fish. If your wife has a candelabra you could borrow it for a while to see if gets in the way of your trolling motor just set it at different places in the boat or go to google and look on images of your boat to see how others have rigged their boats like yours. Alway better to have too much than not enough is my opinion and you won't have to buy twice.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just bought a t-bar system from bass pro just to see what it would look like with my trolling motor and Im going to have to go to a single rod holder on one side so that I can quickly fold one or two of them down when I stow my TM.
    Maybe I should just go ahead and upgrade to a bigger boat, Im not sure how I'm going to fit a transport rack and all these rod holders...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast