Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton report needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton report needed

I finally put my summer pontoon boat back in the lake, ready to go out on the lake hunting for crappie.
    I'll be on the lake Saturday trying to find the best location, depth and structure that the slabs are on.
    Does anyone that have been on Clinton recently have any info that would put me on the slabs?

Post Thanks / Like

Captain Dan,

I was out twice this week but was learning my new XI5 more than fishing. I went by your slip as I cruising in the marina cove. I went up rock creek to the eagles nest and had a friend fish that area yesterday and only caught 4 crappie. Temp was 56 degrees. I went all the way up deer creek and I did fish that area and no fish were caught and it was 58 degrees. A lot of people fishing the piles on the north bank right outside of the marina and I saw 3 boats fishing the bank right at the chimney. Also a boat was in the little cove on the south side of the marina cove about 2/3 of the back. I did not see them catch anything but that is always good but you need to wait in line to get that spot. All I know if I go out today or tomorrow I will post I have a few crappie beds I need to sink.

Gary
    Likes Crappie Chatt, Blackdog40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Garry,
    How is the XI5? Does it work as advertised?
    I fish; therefore I am.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spine guy View Post
    Garry,
    How is the XI5? Does it work as advertised?

So far so good, but it is not linked to my lowrance unit yet as they have not sent me the cord yet. It does a nice job on the anchor feature. Held me in place in a stiff wind. remote is nice and the foor control easy to use. BBG marine has a nice price on them.

Gary
    Likes huntnfishnguy2014 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gary, if I get a chance I'll be there tomorrow, Friday.
    If you see my pontoon boat with a XI5 on front and a roof, stop by and say hi.

Post Thanks / Like

Zeepo, I just put the new Xi5 with the Pinpoint on my boat as well but could not get the anchor feature to work at all. How do you get the feature too work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntnfishnguy2014 View Post
    Zeepo, I just put the new Xi5 with the Pinpoint on my boat as well but could not get the anchor feature to work at all. How do you get the feature too work?

Did you sinc the remote and the foot pedal to the trolling motor? If not follow the directions for this, the trolling motor must be down to do this as once it is down it will beep, then sinc. If so just hit the button that looks the anchor, and then anchor lock is on. I had no problems.

Zeepo

Post Thanks / Like

Ya we had both the foot control and the remote linked up. Trying to erase the memory now and redo everything but can't even get it to erase... of course motor guide phone support is closed til monday now...ugh have to keep trying I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

You may try to unplug it and then plug it back in. Mine went crazy on me and my foot nor my hand held would work so that is what I did and it fixed what ever problem I had.

Zeepo
    Likes Spine guy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan. Hope all is well. Did you get a chance to go out and find some fish?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast