Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Did some fishing today

KSfishcatcher Guest

Default Did some fishing today

There is a watershed about 1/2 mile from my house. I walked donw there today and fished for about 3 hours. When I first started fishing, I was casting a small silver spoon. I hooked a small bass but nothing else would hit it, so I switched over to a small blue and white crappie jig. I cast it out and let it sink and slowly started reeling it in. Something hit it hard. I started fighting this fish and I thought it was odd because it was running deep, to the bottom. When I reeled it in, it all made sense I had caught a channel cat. Yes, I caught a channel cat in 4 feet of very clear 50 degree water in broad daylight on a crappie jig. I spent the next two hours or so trying to find some more fish with no luck. When I was just getting ready to leave, I found the honey hole. My first cast into some submerged timber brought a strike. I was hauling this fish up to the surface and it wasn't really putting up much of a fight. I got him just were I could see him. He was a monster of a crappie, probably over 2 pounds. Unfortunately, he started shaking and going bananas before I got him in. The hook tore through his thin mouth . However, the anger passed quickly as I landed 8 more bass afterwards, each one over 14 inches. So no stringer full of crappie today, maybe I'll do better tommorow.

Post Thanks / Like

Still makes you want to go back for more!!!
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use to catch catfish alot on tube jigs in one area I use to fish. Caught many between 10 and 20 pounds on 4 and 6 lb test line. It was a nice fight.