Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Swamp Was Good To Me Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Swamp Was Good To Me Today

I was able to get away from the house today to fish. I've been the maid for almost 6 weeks taking care of the wife since she broke her ankle and dislocated the replacement knee. Full leg cast...

My son was able to line up someone to stay with her while the two of us headed to the woods. and what a good day it was. About 72 degrees and the water was 47 degrees. We started at about 9:15 and it was like a Chinese Fire Drill for about the first 45 mins.... And the action was pretty steady until we left at about 2:00

Most were caught on black and chartreuse, but I tried other colors just to see and others colors worked also but the old standby worked the best.

Most were 11 to 13 inches and we were throwing back a lot of 10 inch fish.. About 80 % were females. We were the only ones fishing today. Everybody else were duck hunters. It's nice to have the whole swamp to ourself.

But the best thing was being able to have a good day fishing with my son. I told him that when I'm gone to just remember this day and all the fun we had together fishing.

Now if I could just get another day away from being the maid and head back to the woods.

Now can I get this picture posted...
    Gerald
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

great day. That looks like quite a catch. My son likes to go fishing with me but he can't be still or quiet. He is 17 so maybe just a little longer. Ain't nothing like a day catching crappie with your son, or daughter for that matter.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

gcromer....that's one heck of a good stringer...must be close to 70 crappie, and looks like 2 bass. The swamp was very good to you and your son. Good job, keep 'em coming!

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch - biguns too - hope the wife gets better real soon so you can get more of that action - Happy New Year
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Day

Quote Originally Posted by gcromer
    I was able to get away from the house today to fish. I've been the maid for almost 6 weeks taking care of the wife since she broke her ankle and dislocated the replacement knee. Full leg cast...

My son was able to line up someone to stay with her while the two of us headed to the woods. and what a good day it was. About 72 degrees and the water was 47 degrees. We started at about 9:15 and it was like a Chinese Fire Drill for about the first 45 mins.... And the action was pretty steady until we left at about 2:00

Most were caught on black and chartreuse, but I tried other colors just to see and others colors worked also but the old standby worked the best.

Most were 11 to 13 inches and we were throwing back a lot of 10 inch fish.. About 80 % were females. We were the only ones fishing today. Everybody else were duck hunters. It's nice to have the whole swamp to ourself.

But the best thing was being able to have a good day fishing with my son. I told him that when I'm gone to just remember this day and all the fun we had together fishing.

Now if I could just get another day away from being the maid and head back to the woods.

Now can I get this picture posted...
    Gerald
    Looks like you & Steve had a banner day. I know you 2 enjoyed each other's company. I hope you get to go again soon

Have a Happy New Year and tell Betty & Steve hello
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is a great day on the water. Sure would love a day like that. But our son is way to busy to go fishing anymore./
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of crappie. It is nice to have a "special day" with your son.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Those are some nice crappie

Wish I could have been there or some where else down south fishing. I wanted to go today buts it raining right now. Better than all the snow we had not long ago.

If I was you Gerald I'd go again and soon. Hope your wife has a full recovery. Damn nice mess of fish.

Happy new year

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good for you!

Gerald - What a great stringer! As you know, I took advantage of our unseasonable warm weather and went fishing on Wednesday. I caught a couple of nice crappie, but nothing like you and Steve did.

I'm glad you had such a good trip, and I'm glad that little rod did so well for Steve. That's the crappie rig I prefer, and I use mine every chance I get.

You'll find a way to get out there again! Give our best to Betty and Steve. It's a new year now, and better times are coming for you guys, I think. You deserve it!

- Sam