Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Running a Tournament?

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Running a Tournament?

This is for anyone that has put together a tournament. I am interested in putting a few tournaments together for a series type event. What I need to know is how to do it? Please help.
    Any and all suggestions/recomendations are needed and appreciated.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try asking this question at ROFB. rec outdoors fishing bass. I know there are several people there that have set some up.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Bob - you might want to talk to your local F&W Officials, too. They may have some info that you might need to consider. If you are considering "money" tournaments ... you might want to look at the rules and regs of the NACA or Crappie USA events. If you're considering "wildcat" type tournies (open to the public at large) ... check with the F&W or DNR to see if any kind of permit is necessary. Also check to see what/when/where other tournaments are being held ... so you don't conflict.
    If you're talking "no money" type tournies ... check out the rules/regs of our Spring Fling/Fall Brawl series, for insight into how we regulate them. You will also want to contact local and commercial businesses for Sponsorship donations.
    Different states will have different regulations. You may have to have permits, insurance, polygraphs, holding tanks, certified scales, or possibly even a F&W Officer present. You might also want to consider starting a "Club" or "organization", or doing it as a charity benefit. You might also want to fish a few different ones, yourself - and talk to the officials running it, or just check out how it is run and its pros & cons.

Hope these insights help ..............luck2ya .........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Running a Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    This is for anyone that has put together a tournament. I am interested in putting a few tournaments together for a series type event. What I need to know is how to do it? Please help.
    Any and all suggestions/recomendations are needed and appreciated.
    Bob, Send me an email and I will try to help you. I have set up several tournaments over the past three years
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]