HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok guys best rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok guys best rods?

I am thinking about going to 16 ft rods I currently have 14',12',10' mr crappie. I mainly spider rig out the front but am thinking about pushing and pulling cranks any ideas on what I should get?? Some of the water I fish can be clear so thought longer rods would help with that. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Southern Crappie rods seem to be a very good all around rod.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Southern crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a SCR fan but I wouldn't even consider using mine with a 3 ounce weight pushing a crankbait. You need certain tools for certain jobs. In my opinion the B&M PST's would be a better fit for pushing cranks or power trolling a couple jigs with a 2 ounce weight. You would be hard pressed to find a better pole for slow trolling than the Southern Crappie Rods.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What yikess said
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Southern Crappie if pushing minnows and jigs spider rigging. If wanting to push with heavy weights like Yikes is talking about on a 16 footer I'd go with the Mr Crappie trolling rod from Lews.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Tightline Special is best for pushing. Haven't tried the new Lews but sure they as good if not better.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 sets.......PST's for cranks and Ozarks for pushing minnows. Basically what Yikes said. It seems that the southern crappie rod is the "thing" right now just like the Ozark was a few years ago, and capps and coleman, and so on. Something else will come out in another year or two and it will be the next best rod. Just find something you like and go with it. Only fishing with the rod will make up your mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yikess View Post
    I'm a SCR fan but I wouldn't even consider using mine with a 3 ounce weight pushing a crankbait. You need certain tools for certain jobs. In my opinion the B&M PST's would be a better fit for pushing cranks or power trolling a couple jigs with a 2 ounce weight. You would be hard pressed to find a better pole for slow trolling than the Southern Crappie Rods.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I assume you mean the B&M Pro Staff Trolling rods. I have 3 Southern Pro 14' rods (maximum allowed in Pa.) for spider rigging and want to get 3 more rods for anyone else fishing with me. Would be good to have good trolling rods also. Would 14 foot B&M Pro Staff Trolling rods work for both spider rigging and trolling? Thanks for your help. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

The 16' Lew's and BnM are $80. Take a look at the Tightline Special Crappie Maxx at BPS $60 for 16'. Good quality rods. Stiffer but sensitive plus a high vis tip.
    Thanks Ralo79 thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast