Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any word on crappie/walleye reports at Kanop or Milford?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any word on crappie/walleye reports at Kanop or Milford?

Planning on dragging the boat our for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Wondering if anyone had some luck at either of these lakes for crappie or walleye. Shoot might even go up to Glen Elder if the weather seems to be decent.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, didn't see the post until today(6th). I was at Kanop on the 23th, water temp 50 fished all the brush piles, no one was catching any including us. One boat said they caught one walleye each all day. I thought maybe the walleye spawn was over. I think the fish were not sure about the cold fronts etc, but he should be better. Any luck? Gonz

Post Thanks / Like

Of course winter lasted forever this year.....like living in Alaska again except without snow. Then the cold fronts that have been pushing through....warm then cold. Then cold again....and again.

Milford: Guys have been catching a few walleye and few crappie deep. Water temps probably in the lower 50's still. I have scanned about what I thought was crappie in several areas in the 15ft deep range but no takers could be caught. I was was not fishing live bait so.....

Whites in the upper lake have been being caught as well as some big cats up there also. I have found several of the new man made structures put out by the Bass Club for the state but they are all shallow (really shallow) and saw no fish on them but lots of algae already forming. In all honesty knowing this lake somewhat and the guys that fish it I would expect those to eventually end up in deeper water. Have found also lots of new brush that was not there late fall last year and plan to hit those later in the spring. Of course Curtis Creek gets pounded for crappie and they are caught in there but I have only ever managed a 1/2 dozen or so out of there in any one spot. Of course around Rush Creek marina is a spot for most crappie guys and the biggest walleye I have ever caught at Milford came out of there. But be prepared for some hassle around that area... There was some limited reports about Military marina on jigs under a bobber but that was before the current cold fronts.

I know this really doesn't help a lot but it's what I know of as of late
    Likes Blackdog40, Crappie Chatt, Bassmanatcs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the walleye were done spawning too but they are not. Caught 2 last night on the dam, both keepers both females with eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys so for the late response. Unfortunately, my first two days of leave back in Kansas were spent working on my boat trying to get my new depth finders and trolling motor put on which luck would have it that these two days were naturally the nicest I was home...go figure! None the less...I didn't get a chance to get out to either of the lakes like I was wanting to. But I had heard pretty much the same reports as what you guys were sharing, which by the way thank you much for the reports!! Any word is better than nothing and I do appreciate it! Happy Fishing!