Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling with crank baits

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling with crank baits

You guys that troll with crank bait what kind do you use. I saw where some guy [crappie killer web-page] trolled with bill Norman baby n deep diving bait with a 1/32 jug tide on above the crank bait. His article and technique sounded interesting but how do you get deep diving bait down slow-trolling? He did not give an email address or I could have asked him. Have any of you guys tried this. here is the link http://www.thecrappiekiller.com/articles/trolling.html
    Last edited by westsam; 12-31-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use bandit cranks. The deep divers go 8-12 feet and they have a mid range that goes 4-8 feet. Put out 50 to 100 feet of line and troll 1 - 1.5 MPH. If you go too much less than 1 MPH, they won't dive as deep as needed. It is harder to slow troll cranks so it doesn't work as well in the Winter in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only used Bandits, but I am new to trolling cranks myself. Just bought 24 of them so I'll be ready for next year!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried Bandits, but I do my best with Rebel minnows. The small one that are 1 1/2" long. They run 4 to 5 feet deep by themselves. A large split shot 2 feet above puts them down to 7 or 8 feet. Troll them slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westsam
    You guys that troll with crank bait what kind do you use. I saw where some guy [crappie killer web-page] trolled with bill Norman baby n deep diving bait with a 1/32 jug tide on above the crank bait. His article and technique sounded interesting but how do you get deep diving bait down slow-trolling? He did not give an email address or I could have asked him. Have any of you guys tried this. here is the link http://www.thecrappiekiller.com/articles/trolling.html
    You can e-mail Mark here.. [email protected]
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.