Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Line marking

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line marking

What do you guys use for marking your lines for depth control? The marker that I am using is not working and wont stay on the line no time. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...047#post215047 this was a good thread just yesterday on line marking
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

If you use the permanent markers that come in the metal case, it will stay for a little while. Make sure you line is dry when you make your mark. The standard Marks-o-Lots don't work on mono very well at all.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    If you use the permanent markers that come in the metal case, it will stay for a little while. Make sure you line is dry when you make your mark. The standard Marks-o-Lots don't work on mono very well at all.

It they are permanent markers, I wonder why they wash off? When I tried it , I used Sharpies. Lost a lot of them. haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never marked mono, but I use Sharpies at work. We right on glass table tops and plastic nalgene jugs. The black marker comes off easy with glass cleaner, alcohol or the solvent we use. The Red, however, will never completely come off the plastic (with any of the three cleaners). And glass cleaner takes alot of elbow grease to remove the red off of glass. Alcohol will remove it, but definatley tougher than the black.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link that shows the markers I've found that work okay on mono. http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...g=true&An=text I use both black and red. I'm starting to like the red better because it is more visible.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default marking lines...

Have tried just about everything you can think of but what works best for us is the "Magnum 44" made by Sanford. Its a big cartridge and the tip is approximately 1/2 wide making it easier to mark with. Works pretty well with yellow line. Like they say make sure you apply it inital when dry but in time it wears down. When applying the marker I usually grab the line near the bottom eye and pull it taunt and then mark it generously...coming in from different directions.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world