Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone use a Color-C-Lector

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone use a Color-C-Lector

I'm thinking of buying one, anybody have any experence with the new digital ones? I'm looking at the Spike - It brand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike732
    I'm thinking of buying one, anybody have any experence with the new digital ones? I'm looking at the Spike - It brand
    I have never used one, but i live about 10 mins from the spike it headquaters.

Post Thanks / Like

I use one occasionally and, probably like alot of other things, it seems to work at times. Other times it doesn't. Last week the bite was slow so I lowered the probe down to see what it would say. Usually it's the same ole purple and chartruese or maybe blue or green and chartruese. Well, I was on a little clearer lake that day and the major color was showing to be pink. Since we wern't catching much I put on a solid pink tube and proceded to catch several fish on it. We didn't kill'em that day but had about 20 nice fish that we might not otherwise have had. It's a gadget and it's not gonna make em bite if they don't want to but I think it can be helpful at times. Of course, you're milage may vary. Good fishing.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I have used one. You may be surprised at the differant colors seen at a certain depth when the water looks the same to you.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

they will work . first you need to know what depth the fish are at and check that depth .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using them since they came out with the new ones. All they will do is show you what color is most visable at what ever depth you put it at. But I will say that it has saved a few guide trips for me. It has shown me colors that I would not of tried other wise. I think they are well worth the money it cost to own one of these new digital color celectors.
    My 2 cents worth.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

yes! they work...!!! :-) used one quite abit yrs ago and ended up catchin' 8lb bass on practice day of tournament.. U'll be surprised at what color selections they say!!