Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to crappie new to site.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to crappie new to site.

I'm new here also new to crappie fishing. Never cought one never ate one. I can hit arkubutla with a rock. Also close to sardis and Enid witch lake has my best chance at catching crappie right now. I know the water temp is cool. Also am I better off trolling or jigging. I have a great boat for both just can't wait to get on the water and try to catch some fish. Most of my fishing has been stripper tournament and trout. Now I'm trying to find somthing close to home. Any help would be good. Thanks

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Fun to catch and even better to eat. . Lots of methods work this time of year when they are schooling up to spawn. The Mississippi board would put your question in front of the guys that fish the lakes you mentioned. Some great guys on there that will be more than happy to help. Welcome aboard.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site. Try the Mississippi forum you will get more information about your location which is one of the best place to crappie fish. the lakes you mentioned are known as trophy crappie lakes. Good luck and we will try to help you as much as we can.

Post Thanks / Like

Your question is simple and you can get plenty of information from lots of folks here.

If I were you I would try finding standing visible structure like trees or brush sticking out of the water. Try jigging around them as close as you can by dropping the jig and "twitch" it a couple of times and let it sit. Do this with all the structure you find and you should find some crappie. Also if you have a sonar you can scan for structure under the water and try jigging them. Start out with jig on bottom and reel up a foot at a time and twitch to entice bite and find what depth they are at.
    If you want to try trolling try to go 1 mph and use two jigs on each rod so they are at different depths and you can locate them easier.
    There is lots more info but I am sure others will chime in.
    Good luck and welcome!
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. you are in a great area for crappie fishing.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome , your lucky to be close to some of the greatest Crappie lakes in the country.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs