Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowe Stinger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe Stinger

Looking at a new boat, any feedback on the Lowe Stinger 175. Interested in the good and bad. Want a bigger boat than my 14 ft john so I can be comfortable getting on the bigger water and MO and Miss rivers. I also want the storage and live well. Just gettin into more fishing. I like the idea of not having carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I love mine , The G3 is about the same. But not as wide, I've made some minor changes to it Rides good handles well very well laid out. Plenty of storage, IMO you can't beat it. Now before any glass boat guys chime in on ride and wind and all that. I can't have a glass boat I'm to rough I like to off-road in a boat if needed get back in those spots that might put a scratch or ding on it , That's why I got the camo stinger it hides the scars better than a glossy car show finish easy to touch up if you want to I like the scars each is a story lol
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2740
Size:  97.5 KB
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them
    Likes chrispy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like my stinger. It's very stable. Lots of room. Only thing I don't like is the wind will give you fits but if you let the live wells over flow and get some water in the hull it's not that bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and love it! Perfect crappie boat. Very stable ride good for a aluminum boat. I fish big lakes and the Arkansas river with no issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Love mine!
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

“Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.” ― Grandma Moses

Post Thanks / Like

I like Lowe. I had one of their aluminum bass boats several years ago and it served me well. Then I got heavy into crappie tournament fishing and went to fiberglass boats for several years. The last I owned was a Ranger 188vx with a Yamaha 175. Sold it just a while back and am now looking at new boats. Have decided to go back to aluminum for a number of reasons. I've looked at Lowe, War Eagle, Xpress, Triton and Crestliner and have finally settled on Ranger's new 188c aluminum, with a 115 4 stroke. It is serious crappie boat set up for the crappie fisherman. I plan to do some guiding out of it and it has the room and stability of a glass boat. I've said all that to say this: You might consider looking at their Ranger 178c, which is just a bit smaller than the 188c. I have seriously compared them all and made my decision.

Post Thanks / Like

I am also continuing to try to figure out what my next newer boat will be. I have a fiberglass 2005 Ranger and I am a Ranger fan. The only thing that holds me back from getting a new aluminum Ranger is that the casting deck doesn't set low enough in the boat for me. Everything on the boat is premium and first class but it seems more like an aluminum bass boat than a aluminum crappie boat. I do like the Lowe Stinger boat a lot. This is just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 175 stinger with a 60 hp suzuki four stroke..I like the width, livewells are huge,easy for me to load and unload (beach) by myself, I LOVE the suzuki..overall a very good multi species aluminum boat..if any real cons to this boat is as stated above..Wind! but that can be said of all aluminum boats.

Post Thanks / Like

my stinger serves me well, but if i were gonna buy a new one i would, one, get the largest motor it is rated for in a four stroke, two, no carpet and three center console....
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Lowe Stinger 175 and I love it. I would not trade it for another boat. The only thing I would do different has already been mentioned. I have a 60hp on mine, I would go with the biggest rated 4 stroke you can put on it. Other than that, it is a great boat. Pm me where you are buying it from and the price and maybe I can tell you if you are getting a decent deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast