Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Do they still make a maximizer or something like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do they still make a maximizer or something like it?

I'm looking for something like a maximizer for my jon boat tolling motor. It has a minn Kota edge on it now it has 5 speeds but I can't fine tune the speed Like I want and hate to go and buy a power drive for nearly three times the cost what I could get for the edge used. Is there something like the old maximizers out there or rig something up like a dimmer switch? My big boat has a maxxum I use the jon boat in small lakes that has hp restrictions

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen on the net where a pulse width modulators ( that's what the maximizers were) to gain zero to 100% adjustability on trolling motors. The PWD's are fairly cheap on ebay. I have been meaning to do this on my Edge I just haven't gotten around to it.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The big problem with home made is heat sink and waterproofing. I made a maximizer out of a used 12v MK V2 control board and an old car audio amp box as cover and heat sink.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for the maximizer you can find them sometimes on Ebay. I just bought one two weeks ago and one was on sale last week and went for $70. You can find them if you keep looking. Mine is in great condition and works perfect. I paid a little bit more for mine.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    I have seen on the net where a pulse width modulators ( that's what the maximizers were) to gain zero to 100% adjustability on trolling motors. The PWD's are fairly cheap on ebay. I have been meaning to do this on my Edge I just haven't gotten around to it.
    Hey Jack,

Thanks for the info, after researching seems like quite a few have done this with good results.

pescador

Post Thanks / Like

Most Welcome. Cane Pole has a valid point about the heat sinks. Most of the ones I have seen have heat sinks built in but I don't know if they are enough.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along