Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrova and Lowrance HDS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova and Lowrance HDS

How do you hook up the Terrova universal sonar and the built in transducer to a Lowrance HDS 7 Touch mounted at the bow? Once done, will it show both 2D and down imaging? I am getting tired of the dangling transducer wires.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tncrappiebass View Post
    How do you hook up the Terrova universal sonar and the built in transducer to a Lowrance HDS 7 Touch mounted at the bow? Once done, will it show both 2D and down imaging? I am getting tired of the dangling transducer wires.
    Uhhhh .... no, Terrova US2 is only capable of 2d 83/200kHz signal according to Minn-Kota.

... cp

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a transducer stick from Rickie. Da Ducer from the Po Dunk.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Get a transducer stick from Rickie. Da Ducer from the Po Dunk.
    The da ducer would be a great option except I can't figure out a way to add it to the bow of my Ranger due to the shape of the nose and the Terrova already taking most of the space. Wish I could figure out how to make it work. It is a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to purchase the pigtail cable that goes from the US2 cable connection to the HDS 7 sonar connection (about $50 bucks or so). Once done, you need to setup your unit for the proper transducer (should be Generic 83/200). It will not show down scan or side image data however.

You can however network your unit through your LSS unit box (if you have one) and feed off the back structer scan transducer. No, it doesn't put you directly overtop of them, but, short of puting the transducer up front, that is the best option.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    You need to purchase the pigtail cable that goes from the US2 cable connection to the HDS 7 sonar connection (about $50 bucks or so). Once done, you need to setup your unit for the proper transducer (should be Generic 83/200). It will not show down scan or side image data however.

You can however network your unit through your LSS unit box (if you have one) and feed off the back structer scan transducer. No, it doesn't put you directly overtop of them, but, short of puting the transducer up front, that is the best option.
    Thanks, that helps a lot. Now I need to decide how much down scan up under the trolling motor means to me.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole is offering you some good advice, of course!

Here is my Daducer apparatus on my boat.
    Name:  Daducer Boat Layout.jpg
Views: 2431
Size:  116.3 KB

Deployed
    Name:  Daducer-Deployed.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  114.0 KB
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have room for Ricky's stick this one might work. I have one on my boat.

main page for bow mounted depthfinder fishfinder tackle box labels in red blue for plano and other tackle boxes