Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baitcasters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baitcasters

I am wanting to put baitcaster reels on my spider rig rods. Anyone know of some decent baitcast reels at a cheap price? They don't need to be a great casting reel. I just need them to be able to hold the line and have a decent drag. I am going to buy 6-8 of them. That is why I need the cheap price.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fisherman's Factory Outlet: Shakespeare Casting Reel

Here is a promo code
    Fisherman's Factory Outlet: Customer Registration

May be a little more than you want to spend but they are good reels and will last forever. If your not in a hurry you could book mark this site and keep an eye on it. They sometimes have some great deals. Have bought about 25 from them.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 8 of these. The line counter is great for knowing how deep you are fishing. I have used them for 4 years and not had any trouble with any of them.

Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter MA-15DX
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslinger View Post
    I have 8 of these. The line counter is great for knowing how deep you are fishing. I have used them for 4 years and not had any trouble with any of them.

Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter MA-15DX
    Do they seem as heavy as they look? Sure would be nice to easily count how deep you are fishing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tncrappiebass View Post
    Do they seem as heavy as they look? Sure would be nice to easily count how deep you are fishing.
    They are 13.2oz in weight, so yeah .... they're a little heavy compared to a 6-8oz spinning or baitcast reel. And they work very well for longline trolling &\or pushing/pulling cranks. But, since they'll spend most of their time in a rod holder, the weight of them is not a big issue IMHO.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hello: Check e-bay. That's where I bought mine. I picked up 6 and spent around 22.00 each including shipping. The ones I bought were in great condition, Shimano's, Abu Garcias, Diawa's and Quantums all high quality reels with excellent drags. Good Luck O - R

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy the cheapest ones you like from your local walmart. Don't need quality since you won't be casting. Back off the drag whenever they are not in use and they should be fine for a long time. Save your receipt and put the boxes away. If you have any troulbe with one, go exchange it.

Post Thanks / Like

WHy baitcasting? I really like the new Zebco 33 triggerspin reels. I got away from baitcasters with thin (4-6) lb line because of how it cut into the spool after a big fish or hanging up. And I didn't like how the just weight of the jig wont let it sink, you have to manually pay out line. Regular spinning reels got to be a pain because of the hassle of line pouring off after a re-spool. The little $12 triggerspins are easy, hassle free and have a decent drag. I have the new 33's and the authentic 11 triggerspins. Both have metal housings so theyre tough too. Just my

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

BAIT CASTERS ALLOW YOU TO THUMB LINE OUT WHEN NETTING A FISH AND NO NET MAN . JMO .
    Likes yikess LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    BAIT CASTERS ALLOW YOU TO THUMB LINE OUT WHEN NETTING A FISH AND NO NET MAN . JMO .
    Yep, dip nets with a 12 foot handle (Crappiemasters Net) are heavy when fishing alone and trying to dip using just one hand. Thumb bars and a shorter handle net are way more betta.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast