Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone need a fishin' buddy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone need a fishin' buddy?

New to the area and looking for some new fishing buddies all mine hunt and I'm more of the fisherman. I don't have a boat so I'm stuck to the banks which ain't bad as long as your catchin' em. If there's anyone that knows about some good spots near or around Van Alstyne it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like

You may have better luck posting this on the Texas board. If you find yourself in North Alabama I can help you out with some fishing. Best of luck.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    You may have better luck posting this on the Texas board. If you find yourself in North Alabama I can help you out with some fishing. Best of luck.
    same from here, if you're ever in Louisville KY I'll give you a hand.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from Texas but not close to you. Sorry. Hope you find a buddy!
    USAF Retired and fishing!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by younggun27 View Post
    New to the area and looking for some new fishing buddies all mine hunt and I'm more of the fisherman. I don't have a boat so I'm stuck to the banks which ain't bad as long as your catchin' em. If there's anyone that knows about some good spots near or around Van Alstyne it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and tight lines.
    Welcome from Alabama. I would suggest going to your local bait store and making a few friends there. Also, as mentioned try posting this on the Texas Board and see if you get a response. Finally, drive around in your neighborhood and see if you see fishing boats or people working on their fishing rods. Take the opportunity to introduce yourself as their neighbor and ask them locations to fish in the area. They might respond by saying "I'll take you one day and show you the best places to fish."

That is what I did when I moved to Alabama. Had the same fishing partner for 9 years now. He can only go fishing every other Saturday and that is ok with me. Recently "Breadman" contacted me and said he wanted to go fishing with me so we went to Logan Martin Lake and had a great time.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the tips and I'll be sure to post this to the Texas forum.