Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jeesh, Moose, that Purdue game...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Jeesh, Moose, that Purdue game...

We watched the second half of the Purdue game today, hoping for a Boilermaker win. That was some pretty sorry clock management on their last scoring drive. They left way too much time on the clock for ASU to come back. Sorry tackling when ASU got the ball back, too - we thought we were watching the Bengals.

We heard that Orton is planning on sitting out the spring quarter to get ready for the NFL draft. Methinks he would be ahead to study. Very disappointing performance.- Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

college athletics in general have become very disappointing - everybody just wants to make a buck - including the schools - not they would listen but these kids are getting very bad advise as well
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Orton is the sorry excuse for a QB as I have ever seen. He played awful in this game and was not hitting his receivers and they were unable to get open.

But that is college football. Remember these guys are just 19 years old for the most part and the oldest are just over 21 YOA.

I wish that Purdue had won but we can't get everything want.

This team at times would rise up and play well and then the next minute you would think they were a grade school team.

One thing that really hurt was the the Purdue Offensive line had been shuffled around just prior to the start of this game. Someone moved from tackle to guard or vis versa and that really threw the offensive pass protection into a tizzy and it' showed. Orton was pressured a lot and that one intercept that he thew was caused by a defensive lineman hitting Orton's elbow just as he released the football. That pass was way behind the receiver and went way to high in the air. While Orton has a rocket arm his legs move like they are full of heavy lead and he is way too damn slow.

Give me Drew Brees anyday over Orton. I want a player that can scramble around in the pocket and make things happen. Give me a QB like the one that played for Texas. Now that guy can scramble and he defeated a great Michican Team nearly by himself.

I for one will be glad that Orton is gone from Purdue. He just didn't have what it takes to play at the higher levels consistantly.

Purdue lost 4 games in a row this year by only a total combined 10 points. Orton cost us the Wisconsin game by trying to run for a first down and fumbling the football to the other team which prompty ran it back for a touchdown to win the game in the last minutes.

I got so tired of seeing Purdue loose the game in the last two minutes this year by a few points that I almost was ready to burn my Purdue Sweat shirt and hat.

I am not sure who will lead the team next year but I hope it's not Brandon Hirsh as he is way too cockey and not that good either. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    We watched the second half of the Purdue game today, hoping for a Boilermaker win. That was some pretty sorry clock management on their last scoring drive. They left way too much time on the clock for ASU to come back. Sorry tackling when ASU got the ball back, too - we thought we were watching the Bengals.

We heard that Orton is planning on sitting out the spring quarter to get ready for the NFL draft. Methinks he would be ahead to study. Very disappointing performance.- Roberta
    Regards,

Moose1am