PDA

View Full Version : size limit in TN

catchin30
12-30-2006, 10:52 AM
I am hearing the size limit of 10 inches is being removed as of 3/1/07. I think this will hurt the crappie population.

1weezer
12-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Catchen30, Don't know where you heard that, but that will never happen here in West TN. It might in East TN but not here.

fiddlefarter
12-30-2006, 11:45 AM
That'll never happen in Middle TN either.

possumcop
12-30-2006, 02:28 PM
No, this has not happened. There are some places that has no size limit but does hve a creel limit.

Matt Smith
12-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Where did you "hear" this information? I heard the same info, but when I checked with the people who write the game laws .ie the TWRC, as well as checked with the people who enforce the game laws .ie the TWRA, they have both told me that NO changes were made to the size limits.

ShilohRed
12-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Reel Foot is no length. But ever where else has them. Unless its a state lake then some of them also does not have a length limit.
Pete

DENNIS BOWERS
12-31-2006, 08:50 AM
10 " min. here-No Changes.

fishin3
12-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Size limit is not changing here but the daily limit is changing from 30 per person to 15 as of 3/1/07 I beleive. It is suppose to help the crappie numbers on the lakes around here.

Kenlake slab
01-02-2007, 09:54 AM
the jan/feb 2007 issue of tn wildlife magazine incorrectly states there is a 30 creel limit with no size limit on kentucky, barkley, cheatham, percy priest, and old hickory lakes. this has been corrected on the tnwildlife.org website and says there is a 30 creel limit with a 10" size limit.

fiddlefarter
01-02-2007, 10:09 AM
That's a pretty bad typo...Where was the editor on that one???

CrappiePappy
01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Size limit is not changing here but the daily limit is changing from 30 per person to 15 as of 3/1/07 I beleive. It is suppose to help the crappie numbers on the lakes around here.

I think it's to help the "angler" numbers, by giving "more people" the opportunity to catch those fish :eek: .... LOL!! TWRA seems to think that too many of you "locals" are hogging all the fish :p and they want to make sure that "visitors" have a better chance at catching 'em. They don't think the numbers will improve, so much ... since the production level of the lake is more of a determining factor, than the 15 fish/day creel cut. So, what you need to do is ... get some "condos" built and sunk, get Killer to put some more out, and make some more places for them Crappie to "produce" ;) ....... cp :cool:

Don G
01-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I think it's to help the "angler" numbers, by giving "more people" the opportunity to catch those fish :eek: .... LOL!! TWRA seems to think that too many of you "locals" are hogging all the fish :p and they want to make sure that "visitors" have a better chance at catching 'em. They don't think the numbers will improve, so much ... since the production level of the lake is more of a determining factor, than the 15 fish/day creel cut. So, what you need to do is ... get some "condos" built and sunk, get Killer to put some more out, and make some more places for them Crappie to "produce" ;) ....... cp :cool:

AND: Tell us visitors where you sink them:)

fishin3
01-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Don once you and Blackie know all the fish by name you are no longer considered a visitor. LOL But the location of the brush would be nice.:D